Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
JKKINDLE
JKKINDLE
JKKINDLE began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Free file downloads via USB?

"You also have the option of having the converted file sent back to you via email and you can transfer it to the Kindle yourself with the USB cable"

I have NOT been succesful in downloading readable files to my Kindle 2 using USB cable. These files were sent to me through the XXX@freekindle.com process that permits free file conversion and transfer to Kindle 2 device. Sending via e-mail works fine. Is anyone else having this issue?
JKKINDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
A common issue with tranferring Kindle files by USB cable is knowing that they must be put into the "documents" folder on your Kindle drive (not the "ebooks" folder). Perhaps that is the problem.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKINDLE View Post
I have NOT been succesful in downloading readable files to my Kindle 2 using USB cable.
Can you be more specific? What are you doing... what happens? What doesn't work?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
JKKINDLE
JKKINDLE
JKKINDLE began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKINDLE View Post
"You also have the option of having the converted file sent back to you via email and you can transfer it to the Kindle yourself with the USB cable"

I have NOT been succesful in downloading readable files to my Kindle 2 using USB cable. These files were sent to me through the XXX@freekindle.com process that permits free file conversion and transfer to Kindle 2 device. Sending via e-mail works fine. Is anyone else having this issue?
I WAS NOT INITIALLY AWARE THAT THE E-BOOK DOWNLADS HAD TO BE PLACED IN THE KINDLE DOCUMENTS FILE TO BE VIEWED ON THE DEVICE. THEY WERE STILL IN MY E-BOOK FILE WHEN I COULD NOT READ THEN ON THE KINDLE. THANKS FOR THE CORRECTIVE ADVICE.
JKKINDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Bookathon
Bookaholic
Bookathon doesn't litterBookathon doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1, 3, Ipad
Avoid writing in all upper case letters, not consider as a good manner on internet. Just a friendly reminder.
Bookathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
free download, kindle 2, usb