Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
T68 - one-click rooting for Windows, OS X and Linux

In my opinion, this is the fastest and most simple way to root the T68.

1) Download Cydia Impactor. It supports all major desktop operating systems.
2) Connect T68 with a USB cable, but do not enter file transfer mode.
3) Open Cydia Impactor, make sure the default option is highlighted ("drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su").
4) Click Start and wait a couple of seconds.

Done.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
smayonak
Enthusiast
smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox i86+
pickyaxe

I owe you one. This method worked perfectly. I'll write more later, but after rooting, I installed No-frills CPU Control and enabled the nodemand frequency scaler, rather than performance. conservative should also work well, although with greater lag. Also, cfq as the i/o scheduler may not be optimal for the T68 so I went with deadline although noop should also work well.

I can confirm that all the frequencies now work perfectly. Strangely enough, WiFi is now working perfectly. It properly sleeps and resumes when the tablet is in deep sleep mode.

For those who have problems running Cydia Impactor, you will first need to eliminate the other USB drivers installed on your Windows machine. I suggest using Nirsoft's USB devices view:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Use it (while not connected) to wipe out all your non-green USB devices. Then install Koush's Universal USB drivers. You will need to manually set these as the drivers for ADB. The default Windows drivers may not work.

http://www.koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Once you've manually installed Koush's drivers, you should be able to run Cydia. It's as easy as pickyaxe described.
smayonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
I have tried this method but I get "no device found". On Linux ...

The reader has to be connected to PC but say no to "connect device to a computer for USB storage", right ?
Or just don't answer and leave the dialog there ?
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh, ok, I got it: you have to enable "USB debugging" in the Developer options !
Now it worked, very simple indeed ! Thanks!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #5
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Only the Towelroot v1 method worked for me. That too after a factory reset & a couple of reboots.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
CamilleBC
CamilleBC began at the beginning.

Device: Poke 2
Well I've done everything (downloaded Impactor, used Nirsoft's USB devices view to uninstall everything then download Koush's ADB drivers, then set the T68 USB debuggin on) and it doesn't work at all. It says "no device found" every single time. Am I doing something wrong ?

Cheers !

Edit : I've also launched Impactor using the admin privileges, still no luck.

Last edited by CamilleBC; 11-16-2014 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
CamilleBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
dnastase
Addict

What OS are you using ?
Old 11-17-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
fozzedout
Guru
fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M96, Kindle Basic 2014, Onyx T68 Lynx, Icarus Illumina E653
I had exactly the same issue as CamilleBC, so I went for Towelroot v1.

Install, run, press button and it will reboot.

Once booted, then head to Google Play and install SuperSU.

Job done and no computer required, I did everything through the device.
fozzedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:07 AM   #9
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzedout View Post

Just wanted to add that this worked perfectly for me on my Arta Tech T68 LYNX with the 10.22 firmware.

Thanks!
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #10
CamilleBC
CamilleBC began at the beginning.

Device: Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzedout View Post

Thanks a lot ! I actually did that on my own, cause I found that solution on the forum, but thank you for stating it anyway (might be helpful to other people !).

I actually managed to uninstall the default reader and install FBReader afterwards, so that's cool
CamilleBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
karamasova
karamasova began at the beginning.

Device: h2o
is it works too for i63ml newton which android 2.3.1?

Last edited by karamasova; 12-20-2014 at 09:24 PM.
karamasova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #12
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
I've modified the root process for our T68 (also works on M96) to install SuperSU instead of Superuser. Follow the instructions on this file: root.7z

Last edited by kuskro; 02-08-2015 at 06:47 AM.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:19 AM   #13
freecr
freecr began at the beginning.

Device: t68
How do you know it worked?
freecr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:18 AM   #14
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
I've modified the root process for our T68 (also works on M96) to install SuperSU instead of Superuser. Follow the instructions on this file: root.7z
Quote:
Originally Posted by freecr View Post
How do you know it worked?
This root method I use, works properly at least over Booxtor's firmware, I've accomplished to install it on different T68 and M96.

The only thing important is to have installed on Windows the last ADB driver, it is incluided on my package: root.7z. Inside of this package you have an installer for the official Google USB Driver (our device use the Nexus One driver for ADB).

Best.

Last edited by kuskro; 01-27-2015 at 05:23 AM.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #15
freecr
freecr began at the beginning.

Device: t68
Thanks Kuskro,

I was unable to do a back up, probably my fault. It requested a password so I entered one and it wouldn't "enter". It wouldn't let me out, and the keyboard wouldn't go away so I went to "home" on the T68 and then on the PC I "hit a Key" and ended up skipping the backup. My T68 is only five days old I don't think I lost any thing. In the end the Super SU app was installed. When I tried the original (first post) method everything seemed to work but there was no indication of SU in the app drawer. Thank You!
freecr is offline   Reply With Quote