Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Question Need your help. Translation of Onyx UI to other languages

Hi guys,

I am looking for some dedicated users, who would like to translate Onyx UI to his (native) language.

Here is the file, which should be translated.

It is quite easy using Notepad++

I am currently translating it to German. Other languages are welcome!

in that file you will see strings like:

<string name="delete_failed">cannot be deleted!</string>

Please translate just the red colored part. In my sample it would be "cannot be deleted!" - >"Kann nicht gelöscht werden!" (without "")
Don't change anything else.

After translation just post here and attach your translated file. It will be implemented immediately

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
No need to change minuscul/uppercase letters, I suppose...

copy=copia
Change=Cambia

for example...

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This field:

<string name="unknown"/>

seems to be cut.

I've modified as:

<string name="unknown">sconosciuto</string>

Is it right or have to let it as in your file?

HP
Old 07-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Regarding upper/lower case - do it as it would be usual in your language. E.g. in German it is usual to start a command or system message with upper case.

Regarding <string name="unknown"/> You are right, it should be <string name="unknown">unknown</string>
thank you for your correction!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
I have HTML, CSS, XML and Java knowledge, so here you have me to help you with the Spanish (Spain) traslation.

I use Sublime Text 2 to build my web pages and ebooks, but no problem using Notepad++
As long as the file is saved as UTF-8 you can choose any program to edit the code.
But, yes, Notepad ++ is one of the best around.

I start working on it.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
I have HTML, CSS, XML and Java knowledge, so here you have me to help you with the Spanish (Spain) traslation.

I use Sublime Text 2 to build my web pages and ebooks, but no problem using Notepad++
As long as the file is saved as UTF-8 you can choose any program to edit the code.
But, yes, Notepad ++ is one of the best around.

I start working on it.
Great!

Is there anybody, who'd like to join us and help to translate in other languages?
We have a lot of customers from Netherlands, France, Czech Republic, Denmark, Slovenia, Portugal. But also users from Baltic countries, Romania, Ukraine, Korea, Israel, Japan, Arabic speaking countries (and of course other countries) are very welcome too. Come on guys! Don't be shy Join to our community

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-24-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
hubertphava
Connoisseur

Ok... starting to work on it, Italian translation.
Next days i'll upload the file.

HP
Old 07-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
bitblaster
bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx T68
You could use Google Translator Toolkit, which helps speeding up android translations and concurrent edits from many users.
It's free and simple to use, also it pre-translates all strings in the target languages, allowing a human translator to change only what's incorrect.
I already uploaded your file to test it and here it is what you see:

File list:
[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Single translation detail:
[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

The only "drawback" is that you have to explicitly invite users (just need their gmail address) to allow them to translate.

Please check it out.

Thank you
Roberto

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.
bitblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Happy to help with the Polish translation and do it with the help of Google Translator Toolkit but the English labels/messages need to be corrected and translated from Chinglish in the first place. A few examples:

Quote:
<string name="update_faild">Update faild, please try again</string>

<string name="dialog_ota_upgrade_title">Have new update package</string>

<string name="clear_screen_settings_success">Clear screen settings success</string>
Also what to do with entries like this:

Quote:
<string name="homepage_preferencecategory_key">homepage_preferencecategory_key</string>
Leave them as they are?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #10
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
@Booxtor
Just one question...
Are we going to have a pre-release to test that everything is allright?
It would be ideal in order to see if some of the sentences need a litte "fine tunning".
I have almost everything done, but it would be great to see it on the device before a "global release".
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor

@bitblaster: Thanks Roberto! I didn't know about that tool. It makes indeed the work much easier.
@machinogodzilla: I know about this "Chinglish" issue. I just ignore such mistakes and do correct translation in allowed part. Fine tuning will follow.
@PremaEbooks: Yes, I will create a pre-release build first and provide you a link to it.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-25-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #12
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Polish translation done
Old 07-28-2014, 05:08 AM   #13
bitblaster
bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bitblaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx T68
Great!
bitblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Polish translation done
This is just great! Could you please give access to your translation. My email address: booxtor(аt)gmail.com
Thanks!!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #15
machinogodzilla
Addict

Booxtor, Roberto has added me to his Google Translator Toolkit project. He will provide you with the access details and you can download it from there.