Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #241
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92 & Nova Pro
@seaniko7 finally I got Obuntu installed!

the only downsides are that I can't view some letters and images due to the fact it has only black and white, with no grey levels of color, and that I can't refresh screen rapidly... do you know how to solve these problems?

here are some screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5x4dhz.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	153306   Click image for larger version

Name:	33xyn3r.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	370.1 KB
ID:	153307  

Last edited by pochopsp; 11-30-2016 at 08:50 AM.
pochopsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:56 AM   #242
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,

The size of your pictures is too big, convert it to have 800 x 600. In your message, attach the picture with the paper clip :
Attached Images

Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #243
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

Device: onyx m96
Hi,

did anyone actually ever try to install obuntu on an M96C ?

greets
Notger
notger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #244
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by notger View Post
did anyone actually ever try to install obuntu on an M96C ?
I don't know if anyone ever tried to install Obuntu on M96C, but I doubt it would work. Seaniko has written the code for M92 hardware, totally different apart from screen to M96C one.

I have taken other photos of M92 with Obuntu, this time with grey-scale levels obtained by opening "monochrome" and "partial update" files from the folder devel2 you can find in the root of Obuntu on your M92 with PCMFileManager.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161211_111218.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	153498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161211_112456.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	846.5 KB
ID:	153499   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161211_114558.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	785.1 KB
ID:	153500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161211_114443.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	872.6 KB
ID:	153501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161211_111502.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	153502  

Last edited by pochopsp; 12-11-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #245
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Thanks for this pictures !

An archive for the multitasking is joined.
Attached Files
File Type: rar multitasking.rar (7.53 MB, 180 views)

Last edited by Randy11; 12-11-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2016, 05:17 AM   #246
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello,

The size of your pictures is too big, convert it to have 800 x 600. In your message, attach the picture with the paper clip :

They should be no larger than 600 x 600 pixels.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #247
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
There was a way to change the gray levels:

Spoiler:
sudo cp -f /devel2/partial_updater /usr/bin/monochrome_updater

and reboot. Back to B / W:
Spoiler:
sudo cp -f /devel2/monochrome_updater /usr/bin/monochrome_updater

You can enter through the SSH-client (by Wi-Fi) or directly on the device through the Terminal.
For reference, in Obuntu originally included ssh-server (name: user, password: password).
The method pointed by user vald77 from the Russian forum
Hello Kirith. Sorry if I quote your post in 2013 but I would be interested to know the procedure to activate the gray levels.
I tried from terminal typing "sudo cp -f / devel2 / partial_updater / usr / bin / monochrome_updater" but when Obuntu reboot will not start (hangs on boot screen).
If I open the files "monochrome" and "partial update" files from the folder devel2 the screen refreshes in a disorderly and sometimes hangs on B / N.
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #248
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I know that this thread is positively ancient by now, but permit me just one last indulgence (that is, if anyone is still around here for the antiquated M92):

I have, myself, given up on trying to get this on the M92. Many links are dead, and parts are seemingly missing.

My own concern is the for browser that comes with the M92 firmware: it has long ago stopped being able to display SSL pages (aka. HTTPS), and as more and more sites shift to SSL only, it is becoming progressively worse.

Does anyone here know if it would be a - relatively - small matter of somehow upgrading the browser only? Or at least the SSL certificates for newer versions? Or even getting another browser onto it?

I have searched and searched, I can find nothing.

Anyway, thanks for any insights that may be left!

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #249
pochopsp
Connoisseur

Hi! I have searched a solution for the stock browser too, but didn't find nothing.

As regards Obuntu, Seaniko uploaded everything on Mega.nz, download the firmware and watch its Youtube video to install it. It installs dual boot, so you won't lode the stock system.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #250
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochopsp View Post
Hi! I have searched a solution for the stock browser too, but didn't find nothing.

As regards Obuntu, Seaniko uploaded everything on Mega.nz, download the firmware and watch its Youtube video to install it. It installs dual boot, so you won't lode the stock system.
Did you find that Obuntu 'solved' the browser issues for you?

CJ
Old 06-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #251
pochopsp
Connoisseur

It did, yeah. It has got all the browsers from Ubuntu 10. They're a bit old by now, but still working, especially Firefox. It won't give you certificate problems, IIRC.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 AM   #252
CJY
Zealot

Quote:
It did, yeah. It has got all the browsers from Ubuntu 10. They're a bit old by now, but still working, especially Firefox. It won't give you certificate problems, IIRC.
Thanks, that is good to know!
I shall have a further look through the thread and give it a go.

CJ
Old 06-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #253
geoek
Enthusiast
geoek began at the beginning.

Quote:

Hi,
I have install Obuntu in the past but there was problem with pen calibration and grey scale of the screen. Do you know if these problems are solved now and if the solution is in the last archive of Seaniko ?
Thanks a lot
geoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #254
pochopsp
Connoisseur

No, they're not solved. A user in this thread managed to calibrate touch, but I didn't follow his solution because the stock calibration has a little error margin. As regards grey scale of the screen I've found a temporary solution, which I wrote above. Again, another user in this thread wrote he made grey level permanent, I tried his solution but with no luck.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #255
geoek
Enthusiast
geoek began at the beginning.

Thanks, i will try a new install and do the modification for the grey scale.
geoek is offline   Reply With Quote