Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #571
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
I'm trying to make a full debrick but I don't know how to use the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0 in the step 7. The device is not shown as a Fastboot device in the Windows Manager Diag.

Geekmaster, the kindle doesn't work. It's freezed in the screen shown in the picture. The touch screen doesn't work fine and I can't use the device.
And even knowing that, you still think the battery icon is correct?

These e-ink devices are meta-stable - -
You could actually **remove** the e-ink screen from the device and that battery icon will still show the same setting for months, perhaps for years.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #572
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
I understand your information, but I just made a full charge with wall adapter two days ago.

As ixtab has said, I think that I need to do a full debrick process, but I'm not able to make kindle as a Kindle-Fastboot device on step 7 from guide. What file should I use to install the libusb-win32 devices?

Last edited by victor_2203; 09-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #573
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
In my experience, a fully charged bricked kindle doesn't sleep and can drain the battery very quickly (less than a day). Recharge it just before debricking. Trust me. I know a little bit about this stuff. The other experienced debrickers here will surely give the same advice.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #574
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I understand your information, but I just made a full charge with wall adapter two days ago.
So what?

The device is not working normally!
How can you expect normal battery charge retention times?

Until you follow the directions given, you are wasting everyone's time.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #575
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Ok geekmaster, I'll do it. When the battery is charged, how I can solved the step 7 from the Guide? I can't put the Kindle as a Kindle-Fastboot device.
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #576
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:

As ixtab has said, I think that I need to do a full debrick process, but I'm not able to make kindle as a Kindle-Fastboot device on step 7 from guide. What file should I use to install the libusb-win32 devices?
Windows is a horrible PITA with all these driver issues

If you're stuck with Windows, you can try the ones from the post labeled "ixtab's Win32 drivers" or so from the first post.

Otherwise, if you have access to a Linux system, you can use the imx_usb and fastboot tools for Linux. At least, in Linux, the devices actually work, instead of just showing exclamation marks and meaningless messages.

(yes, we're working on user-friendly "one-click" solutions, but they're just not here yet)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #577
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does it show as a USB drive when you reboot the kindle? Can you boot to diags by putting an ENABLE_DIAGS file on it? If so, you can set fastboot mode from the diags exit menu (install fastboot bundle). Then you can get to fastboot without MfgTool and its driver issues.

And there is the imx_usb_downloader program that ixtab mentioned, but you need to compile that from source code (or is there a binary somewhere?).
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #578
victor_2203
Connoisseur

I'm trying to make the process on a laptop with Windows XP. Now I have been able to install the drivers correctly.

EDIT: Finally I was able to install drivers correctly in Windows XP, and I have debricked my Kindle Touch!! Everything is working properly!!

Last edited by victor_2203; 09-28-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #579
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Unhappy

Last edited by (-_-); 10-02-2012 at 12:42 PM.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #580
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-_-) View Post
Why the sad face?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #581
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
"Live it up" by Mental As Anything

Come up to my place and live it up!

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #582
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
I think something's wrong with my K3.

It's frozen on the list of books.
Holding power switch 20 seconds won't reboot it.

I'm going to let it charge fully, then try it again.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #583
knc1
Going Viral

--V--
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #584
lrizzo
lrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguelrizzo can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: kindle3
Debricking: Use AAA batteries instead of Kindle battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
In my experience, a fully charged bricked kindle doesn't sleep and can drain the battery very quickly (less than a day). Recharge it just before debricking. Trust me. I know a little bit about this stuff. The other experienced debrickers here will surely give the same advice.
I confirm that a discharged battery prevents ATK from working reliably.
After wasting a few hours trying to reflash a K3 (usual symptoms: dead with the screen with the tree, orange light stays on forever, does not seem to recharge, etc.) I opened the back and tested the battery. Voltage which is down to 3.1-3.2v, charging does not seem to work, I am unsure why (bad battery or bad charging circuitry).

To proceed, I connected some AA batteries (2NiMh + 1 alkaline, giving around 3.9v) to the battery connector (see picture )

Now I can reliably write the filesystem into the flash is progressing. I have not completed yet (in 45 minutes have done about 2/3 of the progress bar) but previously it would fail with an error within a minute or less.
lrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #585
Zlatomip
Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Question about backuping Kindle Touch

Hello guys. I'm from Ukraine (so my English is not very good...)).
I'd like to make a full backup of my Kindle... all partitions(mmcblk0p1.bin and 2 and 3 & 4...)... one by one...
but... something I'm doing wrong...
If this is off topic - sorry... i read plenty of pages of this forum... and I still can't find answer... (so please don't ban me.... just give me some urls...).
What I already did:
I connect my Кindle 4 Touch to my network via Wi-Fi (I share internet via Connectify). In Connectify window I can see that Kindle has IP 192.168.6.103.
Using Puty I connect to Kindle (via port 22)... and I see "[root@kindle root]#".
But when I write the commands from Wiki... nothing happens... after some time... i see message time out...
What is the exacly commans I have to write to create the images of partitions? (nc 192.168.6.103 22|dd of=mmcblk0p1.bin - doesn't work)))[in Puty]... and what should I write in search bar on Kindle?
Help me please.

Last edited by Zlatomip; 10-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Zlatomip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking