Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
fredjonze
fredjonze began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Loading news to Sony PRS-600

Hi,
I've been using Calibre (0.6.33) with a Sony PRS-600 for awhile. However, I haven't found out how to properly configure the upload function in Calibre to properly store the docs. I have settings to automatically fetch news, upload to the reader, and delete the news in the library. I'm loading the news exclusively onto an SD card.

On the reader what I see in 'collections' is a number of entries for each news source downloaded. However, there are no document versions in the collection. What I see in 'books' is a document for each news source downloaded.

What I'm hoping to do (which I might not be able):
1. Group all news sources into a single collection
2. Or, put the various downloads of a particular news version into it's appropriate collection.

Thx for any hints,
fredjonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Onyour reader/sd card locate a folder called "news" using windows explorer. Delete it. Resend you news using calibre. Form now on all the news will be in a collection called News
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
fredjonze
fredjonze began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Hi Kovid,
Only partial success. Although the news no longer appears in the 'books' area, there is still a collection for each news source, along with a 'news' collection, in the collections area. I had tried deleting the news collection in the past with no luck. It's not a big deal, just clogs up the collections area. Any other ideas? Are there potentially 2 copies of each news source on the ebook...or is are they just links to a single source even though they appear multiple times?
Thx,
fredjonze is offline   Reply With Quote