Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
brent1a
brent1a began at the beginning.

Device: nook
iBooks Author --> Sigil

I am building my book in iBooks right now, will Sigil handle an epub export of my book from iBooks?
Or will I need to build both separately?
brent1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent1a View Post
I am building my book in iBooks right now, will Sigil handle an epub export of my book from iBooks?
Or will I need to build both separately?
Sigil should handle loading it. I would suggest doing a FlightCrew validation on it once it's loaded. After you fix anything FC found, save it and give it a run through ePubCheck 3.0 and then fix anything found there. If you think it could be done, check it with ADE to see how it looks. You can either use the desktop ADE or Bluefire Reader for iOS as Bluefire is based around ADE.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
iBooks is an editor now?

EDIT: Never mind, I see the "Author" part now. Right there in the subject where it's easy to overlook.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-01-2013 at 06:09 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
brent1a
brent1a began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sigil should handle loading it. I would suggest doing a FlightCrew validation on it once it's loaded. After you fix anything FC found, save it and give it a run through ePubCheck 3.0 and then fix anything found there. If you think it could be done, check it with ADE to see how it looks. You can either use the desktop ADE or Bluefire Reader for iOS as Bluefire is based around ADE.
Thanks. I know that iBooks Author uses propriety file formatting and whatnot, I didn't know how well it's export would be readable by other ebook builders.
Also, my main concern is regarding the cover & interior artwork and whether I would be able to carry it over from iBooks Author.
brent1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent1a View Post
Thanks. I know that iBooks Author uses propriety file formatting and whatnot, I didn't know how well it's export would be readable by other ebook builders.
Also, my main concern is regarding the cover & interior artwork and whether I would be able to carry it over from iBooks Author.
Trust me when I tell you, unless this is MASSIVE, you'll be better off just doing it from scratch. The iBooks author format is so far removed from anything remotely connected to ePUB 2.0 that you'll find a lot of grief in trying to make one into the other. But...give it your best shot.

Good luck, I mean it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, converting, exporting, ibooks, sigil