Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #316
ios
ios began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
I don't like waiting, so I did something else .

I patched KindleTool with the new serial number, extracted kindlet jailbreak package, repackaged with the canada prefix, loaded, and it worked.

A patch for kindletool, and a canada wifi-3g only compatible kindlet jailbreak update bin are attached.

Thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindlet-canada.zip (25.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: txt out.patch.txt (3.4 KB, 186 views)
ios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #317
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ios View Post
I don't like waiting, so I did something else .

I patched KindleTool with the new serial number, extracted kindlet jailbreak package, repackaged with the canada prefix, loaded, and it worked.

A patch for kindletool, and a canada wifi-3g only compatible kindlet jailbreak update bin are attached.

Thanks again!
Hmmm... on one hand, that's great. On the other hand, attaching a Kindlet jailbreak which simply works everywhere, including Canada, would have been greater
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #318
ios
ios began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
True.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindlet-jailbreak.zip (25.7 KB, 245 views)
ios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #319
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Updated KindleTool, thanks! .

Will release updated Linux/Win binaries and refreshed packages later tonight.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #320
transmogrifier
transmogrifier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi guys, I'm brand new here.

I'm trying to get the collections manager to work on my Paperwhite.

I've successfully downgraded to 5.3.1 and installed the jailbreak. The jailbreak log says it was successful.

However, I can't get the kindlet jailbreak to install. Every time I try it gives me an error (update error 3). I've redownloaded and tried several times to no avail. First 4 of my serial are B024.

Any ideas?
transmogrifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #321
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Read first post.
Unless you changed that script, they where just installed.

Also - you will probably want this when you go 5.3.1 -> 5.3.3 ::
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #322
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read first post.
Unless you changed that script, they where just installed.

Also - you will probably want this when you go 5.3.1 -> 5.3.3 ::
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192
I saw that and assumed it was already installed. However, when I start the collections manager it tells me I need to install the kindlet jailbreak.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #323
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Read the linked post - pick up it up at where you are at in your install process.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #324
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update error 3: You restarted the device using the settings entry "Restart", not "Update your Kindle". Use the correct entry as described in the documentation.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #325
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Update error 3: You restarted the device using the settings entry "Restart", not "Update your Kindle". Use the correct entry as described in the documentation.
That did it. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #326
findle
findle began at the beginning.

Device: PW
A new guy..

Just to be absolutely sure.

1. I downgrade my 5.3.3 running device to 5.3.1 with this file

2. I copy jailbreak.sh and MOBI8_DEBUG into the root directory and jailbreak.mobi into the documents directory (files from the zip attached to the first post) and apply the JB as described in README

3. I update to 5.3.3

4. I repeat step 2 in order to reinstall stuff?

How about JBpatch, etc.? Can install them after updating to 5.3.3?
findle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #327
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@findle: Nope, just install stuff, the jailbreak will survive. The only part of the JailBreak you'll need to reinstall is the developer keys.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #328
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@findle: Nope, just install stuff, the jailbreak will survive. The only part of the JailBreak you'll need to reinstall is the developer keys.
(and the rescue pack)
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #329
findle
findle began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
(and the rescue pack)
But how does this part work? As far as I have understood, these are installed automatically along with the other stuff when I first run the JB. How do I install just the developer keys and the rescue pack after updating to 5.3.3?
findle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #330
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
As I recall, you just open the zp files and copy the pieces over and then restart your kindle. (but I may be wrong - my memory isn't terribly good)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote