Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Cover size displayed in metadata edit screen

First, the good news: I really like having the size of the cover displayed on the metadata edit screen. Now, the bad news: I find it a bit distracating to have the cover size superimposed over the cover itself. Would it be possible to have the size display outside of the image?

Also, this new feature got me thinking. I use the Resize Cover plugin after downloading new covers. I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate this plugin into the metadata edit screen itself?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Having it outside would take precious real estate. So that isn't going to happen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Seeing the image dimensions on the cover in Edit Metadata, made me wish for having them on the cover in Book Details

Then I would hit the resize when I see something oversized, or go look for something better if its undersized.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Seeing the image dimensions on the cover in Edit Metadata, made me wish for having them on the cover in Book Details
Hovering over the image in the Book Details frame pops up a tooltip which includes the full path to the book and the image size.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Hovering over the image in the Book Details frame pops up a tooltip which includes the full path to the book and the image size.
Thanks Doc, I think I knew that

But I don't use the mouse much so I'm unlikely to spot a badly sized cover serendipitously. When my mouse is in that vicinity (rarely) its usually about to open, save, or delete a format

When it's not being used (i.e most of the time) my mouse is told to go and sit quietly on the bottom edge of the desktop - no random walks allowed

BR
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BetterRed - Kovid accepted a patch from me a few days ago for a new Preferences option to display that image size on the book details panel, so will be in the next release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator

kiwidude
Old 12-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator

For the benefit of others, kiwidude made it optional - Look&Feel->Book Details

thanks again k

BR
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
bauerhjb
Connoisseur
bauerhjb began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, LG & Nextus tablets - Window 10, 8.1, 7,
Image size still shows on book detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
For the benefit of others, kiwidude made it optional - Look&Feel->Book Details

thanks again k

BR
I just installed .9.9 have skipped over from 9.3. I checked under Look & Feel and the box is unchecked, but the size is still showing on the bottom corner of the image. I have rebooted several times with it unchecked but it doesn't go away. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
bauerhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerhjb View Post
I just installed .9.9 have skipped over from 9.3. I checked under Look & Feel and the box is unchecked, but the size is still showing on the bottom corner of the image. I have rebooted several times with it unchecked but it doesn't go away. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you tried toggling it? Switch it on, restart Calibre, switch it off and restart Calibre again.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
bauerhjb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Have you tried toggling it? Switch it on, restart Calibre, switch it off and restart Calibre again.
Good idea, just tried it, no go. Still showing dimensions.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You can't control whether it appears on the edit metadata screen (it is mandatory). As stated above that preference is for the book details panel that appears on the right side of calibre.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #13
bauerhjb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
You can't control whether it appears on the edit metadata screen (it is mandatory). As stated above that preference is for the book details panel that appears on the right side of calibre.
No offense, but why is it mandatory now when it wasn't in earlier versions?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerhjb View Post
No offense, but why is it mandatory now when it wasn't in earlier versions?
The showing the cover size feature in the edit metadata window was added in version 0.9.7 and there wasn't any option to hide it since its implementation.

Quote:
Release: 0.9.7 [23 Nov, 2012]

New Features
  • Edit metadata dialog: Show the size of the current book cover in the edit metadata dialog. Closes tickets: 1079781

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-12-2012 at 06:09 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote