Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2022, 08:32 AM   #1
m.a.biglin
m.a.biglin began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
calibre and likebook mars transfer

I just saw a similar question on a kindle but didn't want to Hijack his thread.

I'm trying to eliminate calibre companion since it's pretty much abandoned.

If I pull the SD card and use a seperate card reader, i can transfer the books into series folders. Much easier to organize and find stuff.

There probably isn't a way to do that when directly connected is there? It just sends the files into 1 folder instead of breaking them up.

Thanks.
m.a.biglin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
WAY back when, when I got my first EZreader. It only used the file system, so I wanted folders. @CHALEY kindly supplied a template that divided things into 2 tree paths:
00noseries /Author-group/ Author
series /series-group /Series

I tweaked that later, any lousy code is mine (attached # Calibre Send to Device template 11/2013)
Code:
program:test(field('series'),strcat(
substr(field('series'), 0, 1),template("-series/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series:subitems(1,2)||/}{series_index:0>5.2s}-{title}_{authors}")
),template("00noseries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}-{authors}")
)
Numbers are in front to get it to Alpha Sort

This might give you some ideas
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote