Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
LegoErgoSum
Enthusiast
LegoErgoSum began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
a new pb 360 owner

Hello!

I have been reading in this forum for quite a while now and the given information helped me a lot with the decision for my first e-book reader. And finally I registered myself as the e-book reader "fever" broke out.

I chose the pocketbook 360 to cover my mobile needs. For my needs it's the best 5" device. I will write a review for further details after some time of usage.

In future I am also looking for a device with a bigger screen, which offers good PDF reading and commenting abilities,... I am still waiting for an optimal device in that sector. But let's see what 2010 will bring!

Martin

Last edited by LegoErgoSum; 01-06-2010 at 05:45 PM.
LegoErgoSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoErgoSum View Post
Hello!

I have been reading in this forum for quite a while now and the given information helped me a lot with the decision for my first e-book reader. And finally I registered myself as the e-book reader "fever" broke out.

I chose the pocketbook 360 to cover my mobile needs. For my needs it's the best 5" device. I will write a review for further details after some time of usage.

In future I am also looking for a device with a bigger screen, which offers good PDF reading and commenting abilities,... I am still waiting for an optimal device in that sector. But let's see what 2010 will bring!

Martin
Congratulations on making a decision, Martin.

I was wondering if you could possibly post a list of what your requirements for the new device was and how this met them. I am assuming that you chose it because it is able to do some things that you require from such a device.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Martin and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Welcome to mobileread and enjoy your PocketBook 360
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Welcome... I have a PB360 as well, nice decision! I love it!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
LegoErgoSum
Enthusiast
LegoErgoSum began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Congratulations on making a decision, Martin.

I was wondering if you could possibly post a list of what your requirements for the new device was and how this met them. I am assuming that you chose it because it is able to do some things that you require from such a device.
My main requirements for a 5" device were:
-portability: as small and lightweight as possible
-a sturdy device with a screen protection without losing too much portability
-easy handling and not too much buttons on the device
-a good screen resolution and contrast
-fast page turning
-a lot of different formats and a good display of them on screen
-options for altering the text display
-adequate battery life
-not too expensive

And there are a lot of additional points for the pb that I liked, f.e. support, community, high configurability, continuous updates,...

But I will recapitulate these things amongst others in my review. I guess that it will arrive next week and then I need some time for testing and using.

As I have said, for all things where a 5" device isn't optimal, I'd like to get a second device with a larger screen in future.
LegoErgoSum is offline   Reply With Quote