Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #16
veocolores
Enthusiast
veocolores doesn't litterveocolores doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook
Hi!, I have exactly the same problem!!!

I have frequently to reset the ebook, cos I get it frozen when reading.

I'm using only internal memory (512M), and using Moby an txt books.

I've got the habit of using marking every few pages readed, so i don't miss the page i was reading.

? hope it could be fixed in coming firmwares.

Bye!
veocolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #17
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I suspect more bad flash blocks than software problem, maybe Bookeen has got a bad batch of Cybook?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
jethro10
Enthusiast
jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: cybook
We had this type of problem with a new Cybook 3 weeks ag approx, we did all that's mentioned here and more.

Switched for reading from one built in font to another and it's never crashed since.
I think it was the Sans Serif one whatever it's called was causing the issue.

J
jethro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #19
veocolores
Enthusiast
veocolores doesn't litterveocolores doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro10 View Post
We had this type of problem with a new Cybook 3 weeks ag approx, we did all that's mentioned here and more.

Switched for reading from one built in font to another and it's never crashed since.
I think it was the Sans Serif one whatever it's called was causing the issue.

J
Hi, I'm using Arial TTF, from my Pc.
veocolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'm sure that the my Cybook came with problem.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #21
taspool
taspool began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I have the same freezing problem. What model of the Cybook do you have taspool? I'm wondering if it's an issue with either the hardware in the newer 512 MB models or the updated firmware that comes on them.

According to this thread it is the default Verdana font that causes the issue on the 8xx firmwares. Maybe changing the font will fix the freezing issue.
My Gen 3 is version s3c2440 using software build 820

I'm using Constantia font, although I've also had freezes with the Verdana default. Still, might be a font issue, so I plan to try others when time permits.
taspool is offline   Reply With Quote