Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
CapitainDerya
Connoisseur
CapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 4 NT,PW2
How to run azw2 kindlet using usbnet?

I am trying to develope java kindlets but i have a problem. Is there any shell command to run a azw2 kindlet using usbnet ssh. I dont want to copy kindlet to document file and unplug kindle to see my development progress of kindlet. Also may you give me a kindlet simulator link.
CapitainDerya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitainDerya View Post
I am trying to develope java kindlets but i have a problem. Is there any shell command to run a azw2 kindlet using usbnet ssh. I dont want to copy kindlet to document file and unplug kindle to see my development progress of kindlet. Also may you give me a kindlet simulator link.
1) Use USBnetworking. You can 'scp' directly to /mnt/us/documents while the Kindle is running.

2) I don't think that anyone here has that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
When I was developing Kindlets for the K3, I think the re-loading of updated Kindlets was a bit flaky. I used to restart the framework (also via USB networking and "/etc/init.d/framework restart") in order to rectify that. I did not search for a way to automatically start the Kindlet, but an otherwise empty document partition solved that issue mostly - the Kindlet was then started by a simple button press.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
CapitainDerya
Connoisseur
CapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
1) Use USBnetworking. You can 'scp' directly to /mnt/us/documents while the Kindle is running.

2) I don't think that anyone here has that.
Thanks man. I am gonna try it. I am planning to create a Autoit program that accordingly will automatically export kindlet java project as jar, sign it and copy to document folder and run it via ssh
Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Here's how I do it. One click in eclipse to build and copy the .azw2 to the Kindle, one tap on the device to execute it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
CapitainDerya
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Here's how I do it. One click in eclipse to build and copy the .azw2 to the Kindle, one tap on the device to execute it.
Oh, so i dont need to waste my time for it. Thanks dude also

Last edited by CapitainDerya; 08-08-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
could do that.
I run linux. I had one script that did that.

It's no big shakes to get it working. honest. If I can do it... pretty much anyone can
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
CapitainDerya
Connoisseur

And result of all conversation, it is best way to use ixtab's advice, see you later

Last edited by twobob; 08-08-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: s/c/v
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitainDerya View Post
And result of all conversation, it is best way to use ixtab's advice, see you later
duh ...
Code:
<exec command="scp -i ${dev.ssh.id} ${product.filename} root@kindle:/mnt/us/documents/"/>
Which just puts my advice ("scp it to the device") into the makefile.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
CapitainDerya
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
duh ...
Code:
<exec command="scp -i ${dev.ssh.id} ${product.filename} root@kindle:/mnt/us/documents/"/>
Which just puts my advice ("scp it to the device") into the makefile.
And also you, Thanks all of you are my heroes