Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
EPUB to KEPUB line spacing

Long time, no... write (?). Anyway, I have this way of converting EPUB to KEPUB files where a publisher font, margin, etc. are removed.

My only issue is that whenever I am doing that, I need to tick 'remove spacing between paragraphs', otherwise there is a space between EACH paragraph although it is not in the original.

When I do that though, line spacing is also removed between text and pictures, which I do not want. How to turn off line spacing except for text-picture sections?

The current settings are in this picture.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
You need to untick the margins box in the Filter style information tab. (Edit: As well as unticking the Remove space between paragraphs box)

The default paragraph margin (for ePub and KePub) is 1em. Most publishers set the paragraph margin-top and margin-bottom to zero. Your current settings are removing that zero margin, which results in the default 1em margin taking effect.

Edit: The remove space between paragraphs then removes that space again, but it is also removing space that shouldn't be removed.

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-07-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: As well as unticking the Remove space between paragraphs box
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert