Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
rambo_1985
rambo_1985 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trouble adding Cover to ebook using Calibre

hello
i have a small problem though.i was trying to add cover to an ebook using Calibre .when i clicked download metadata that went smooth the cover was also downloaded .however when you go to folder where your ebook is located and double click on ebook it shows you the default cover which calibre generates .i tried manually to add cover by downloading picture separately and then adding using the browse feature .still it does not embed the picture as a cover ,it still shows default cover .it does not seem to work no matter what combination i tried

previously i never had a problem adding covers kindly help me understand what is happening .a quick reply from you will be greatly appreciated
rambo_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That is expected behavior I believe. A cover does not actually get embedded into a book file until you do some action such as Send it to a device, or export from Calibre using Save to disk.

If the file is an epub file, then you can use the Modify ePub file to embed the cover immediately.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
rambo_1985
rambo_1985 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
That is expected behavior I believe. A cover does not actually get embedded into a book file until you do some action such as Send it to a device, or export from Calibre using Save to disk.

If the file is an epub file, then you can use the Modify ePub file to embed the cover immediately.
thkx it works
rambo_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote