Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
If I have ABBYY Finereader, do I need ABBYY PDF Transformer?

I have ABBYY Finereader 10 Pro installed on my computer. But, a while back, I picked up ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 on a good sale. I never even opened or installed it, so now I'm thinking of selling it on.

But before I do, what I wanted to know, is does it do anything that I can't already do with Finereader? Does it make converting PDF to epub easier, or is it about the same deal for OCR?
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
You should probably visit abbyy.com and click around to read more about this "ABBYY PDF Transformer". If you have a license and you didn't register/activate it yet, you can probably sell it on, sure. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a forum where you can ask this sort of question... Only a "Contact" page.

But I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. Good luck!
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Just wanted to get back here and say thanks for the response, but I already had visited the Abbyy site, and still wasn't sure I needed the software since I don't do that much with PDFs. It's definitely not registered or activated, I never even opened the box, so I've got it listed on eBay. I guess I'll see if it sells or not.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote