Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
Inferno
Connoisseur
Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablets
Is there a plugin around to quickly change between a display of author list

I was wondering if there is a plugin to quickly switch between the displayed listing order being author sort and author as entered.

Normally I much prefer the display to be by author sort EXCEPT when I'm trying to compare a directory of books to the calibre library. Then it is all over the place lol. The same goes for title view. There are times that I want to compare a list of books and have to jump all over the place.

I see it is supposed to be able to be changed in tweaks but when I look at the tweaks in preferences I can't see how to do it.

All I want to do is compare a directory of authors that is first name last name to the calibre library to see what is missing.

I see in the tag manager I can make a permanent change BUT I don't want to mess with it permanently.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Have you looked at the View Manager PI?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129014
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
Inferno
Connoisseur
Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Inferno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just looked at it and it still sorts in order of the last name. I need to figure out how to display the sort in order of first name. While the column authors is listed first name last name, it is displayed in the order of author sort. This makes checking against a directory more time consuming than it needs to be as I must search for each author rather than just scrolling down.

I must be dense because I can't figure out how to use tweaks to change the sort order either lol.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See ==>> View Single Post - [GUI Plugin] View Manager

I have Author sort name algorithm->author_sort_copy_method = 'comma'

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Inferno
Connoisseur

Thank you That works great
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #6
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
See ==>> View Single Post - [GUI Plugin] View Manager

I have Author sort name algorithm->author_sort_copy_method = 'comma'

BR
Have just downloaded View Manager and this answered my own question. Thanks.
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote