Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
touch response dependent type of light? defect or common?

i find that my t1's screen's sensitivity has much to do with lighting. the screen works magnificently well when i'm using it in my room in the evenings. but when i'm using it in my living room during the afternoons without artificial light, the unit is frustratingly problematic to the point that i'm tapping the screen fervently just to get a single key registered (the hardware buttons are totally fine though).

is this normal or should i send it back?
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I can't say that I've ever noticed that problem. I read a lot in my living room in daylight hours where the only light source is coming from the windows. I've never had an issue.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I've not noticed this on my 650. I read on it frequently in all kinds of conditions and haven't noticed any perceptible difference in the sensitivity of the touch screen.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
If the artificial light is from Compact Fluorescent lights then they are known to interfere with Infrared devices, and the T1 uses Infrared beams to detect touch.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
I can't say that I've ever noticed that problem. I read a lot in my living room in daylight hours where the only light source is coming from the windows. I've never had an issue.
Me too - and ditto the x50's.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've been using CFL lamps indoors and haven't had any problems with them at all on the 350. They must have changed something about the T1's infrared beam.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I too use CFL and haven't noticed any problems. Maybe a different light would work better though. Sometimes I have to poke it a few times to get the goto page bar in the collections screen on the T!, but have always assumed I was poking it wrong.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote