Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
stephenwilks
stephenwilks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-fi 3G
Cute.pdf writer

http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

This strikes me as being a quick way in which I can 'print' a whole host of different filetypes as reasonably easy-to-read .pdf files for use on a Kindle. After installing the program, I realized I already had this type of program on my laptop in the form of MM composition Writer and Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Previously, I hadn't the faintest idea what these programs were for.

I suppose I should now go a step further and see how well the files convert to mobi files with Calibre.
stephenwilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use Bullzip PDF Printer.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
PDFCreator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenwilks View Post

This strikes me as being a quick way in which I can 'print' a whole host of different filetypes as reasonably easy-to-read .pdf files for use on a Kindle. After installing the program, I realized I already had this type of program on my laptop in the form of MM composition Writer and Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Previously, I hadn't the faintest idea what these programs were for.

I suppose I should now go a step further and see how well the files convert to mobi files with Calibre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Bullzip PDF Printer.
....and I use PDFCreator.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
stephenwilks

..... followed by Calibre

Quote:

After next converting the .pdf files to mobi with Calibre, I find the resultant files easy to read on a Kindle 3. Especially if the pdfs are also edited to get rid of the extraneous whistles & bells that you tend to get through 'printing', say, webpages.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
stephenwilks

..... followed by Calibre

Quote:

Quote:
After next converting the .pdf files to mobi with Calibre, I find the resultant files easy to read on a Kindle 3. Especially if the pdfs are also edited to get rid of the extraneous whistles & bells that you tend to get through 'printing', say, webpages.
But then again, it is even easier to just PRINT SELECTION.

Last edited by stephenwilks; 12-28-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
There is also PDF to Epub which can convert pdf's to epub, HTML or Kindle files. Converting them to epub or HTML means you can clean up any errors of conversion in Sigil before converting them via Calibre. It's not free (though there was a promotional deal for a free copy some time back) but it does do the job.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote