Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
One for the Aussies!

Angus and roberston and Borders both have a $5 discount code that can be applied to ebooks

The borders one is BAO-5AU11 and the A&R one is AR-5AUG11.
http://www.borders.com.au/five-plus-ten
http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/five-plus-ten

I purchased The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd for $6.99 pleased with that as it's been on my Kobo wish list for a while($10.99)

There are some ebooks for under $5 so theoritically you could get them for free but none looked appealing to me. I did notice the The Girl with the dragon Tattoo would work out at $1.95 which is good value(I've already read it)

I'm still searching for something to use the second code on.
They also have a deal that if spend $35 now they'll send you a $10 discount code in September but I couldn't see myself doing that as they're usually more expensive than other sources. Not only that but who's going to trust them to pony up the voucher after they reneged on so many gift cards
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Oohhh thanks for the codes - I'm off to spend them!!

HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
A&R also accepts Canadian website "visitors" with AU addresses, even if they are using a CA credit card.

Last edited by taming; 08-10-2011 at 06:41 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
A&R also accepts Canadian website "visitors" with AU addresses, even if they are using a CA credit card.
Really that's cool did you have to use a VPN as well?

I also ended up with a Preston Child novel for $2.95
Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
No, I didn't have to use VPN.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Thanks for the codes, melmac. I, er, bought a hardcover book from Borders AU with it, and it was about equal in cost with the Book Depository. I don't think I would have known about the discounts either without your thread, so thanks once again.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #7
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter
Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I believe the Borders & A&R websites were purchased by Pearson (they own Penguin amongst many others), so there's no doubt in my mind that any vouchers/discount cards/gift cards etc will last until their expiry date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_PLC
Spacejock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I heard Collins were taking them over.....

Love to know for sure!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #9
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Thanks for those. I've been waiting for the price to drop on the two most recent books in the J.D. Robb, Eve Dallas series, so the two discounts sorted me out very nicely.

Much appreciated.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #10
melmac
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Thanks for the codes, melmac. I, er, bought a hardcover book from Borders AU with it, and it was about equal in cost with the Book Depository. I don't think I would have known about the discounts either without your thread, so thanks once again.
sacrilege buying deadwood books !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacejock View Post
I believe the Borders & A&R websites were purchased by Pearson (they own Penguin amongst many others), so there's no doubt in my mind that any vouchers/discount cards/gift cards etc will last until their expiry date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_PLC
My gift card comment was meant to be a little tongue in cheek I'm sure the $10 voucher would come through, I'm just a little ticked off at them because my gran lost her gift card when they went bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Love to know for sure!
As per Spacejock reply the online stores are definetly being purchased by pearsons it is on Borders website in the about us section. Most B&M stores are either closed or going on as independants I believe the independants are going to align themselves with Collins.

I'm glad everyone found them useful in the past the vouchers have always stated that they're not applicable to ebooks but not this time, a pernament change I hope.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post

Love to know for sure!
I think Collins was taking over some of the franchised bookshops, while Pearson bought the online business. So this offer is from Pearson.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
Thanks for posting about this. I managed to get a book that was worth $4.95 for free.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote