Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
katiediddesign
new nook user
katiediddesign began at the beginning.

Device: nook
nook questions

I'd love it if an experienced nook user can give me some advice re: the best way to set things up. I'm new with both the nook and Calibre.

Right now, I have FOUR copies of all of my ebooks, which seems ridiculous. I have the copy on my nook, the copy in my downloads folder that I originally downloaded, the copy in the BNreader folder that the nook ereader for PC created and copies stuff into, and then the copy in the Calibre library folder!

I'm wondering:
1) Is there some way to download books directly from the Internet into the Calibre library, instead of downloading, then adding them from Calibre, then going to the original location to delete them?

2) Is there some way to read/view my nookbooks (those that show up in My BN Library instead of My Documents)...in Calibre? Or do I have to keep the BN ereader for PC in order to view those on my computer?

3) Is there some blog post or helpful page or something with other information specifically relating to Calibre and the nook that would offer me tips and tricks? Most of what I'm finding in here doesn't apply to me.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can provide!
katiediddesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediddesign View Post
I'm wondering:
1) Is there some way to download books directly from the Internet into the Calibre library, instead of downloading, then adding them from Calibre, then going to the original location to delete them?
No, I don't think so. Calibre can only download news directly from the net.

Quote:
2) Is there some way to read/view my nookbooks (those that show up in My BN Library instead of My Documents)...in Calibre? Or do I have to keep the BN ereader for PC in order to view those on my computer?
Depends on the format. If it is a format Calibre supports and the files are not DRM- infested, Calibre can import and open them. If they have DRM, Calibre can import them, but not read them or change them in any way.

Quote:
3) Is there some blog post or helpful page or something with other information specifically relating to Calibre and the nook that would offer me tips and tricks? Most of what I'm finding in here doesn't apply to me.
If what you see here doesn't apply, ask questions.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
nook