Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #826
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Working on "Men of Mathematics", Vol. II, by E.T. Bell.

Hopefully scans for Vol. I will appear on the Internet Archive soon...
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #827
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
I am now proofreading Le Loup des steppes (Der Steppenwolf) in a French translation by Hermann Hesse (in the public domain in Canada since last year).

My german is next to zero but it would be wonderful to have a bilingual version, integrated or not: so if anyone is interested/wenn jemand interessiert ist!

Working on "La relativité" by A. Einstein and other works of H. Hesse.

Last edited by Arios; 02-23-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #828
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Note that, for translations, you need to check the translator's date of death, as well as the author's
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #829
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Jellby for the info,

For La relativité, things seem good, but for Le loup des steppes I have not yet found any biographical information regarding the translator. I'll do more research about her (Juliette Pary). It's a little bit sad because the epub is nearly finished.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #830
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
I'll do more research about her (Juliette Pary).
A quick search revealed some translations by her in the 30's and 40's... and one in the 80's, but that could be either another person or a later edition of a work translated earlier. In any case, that's not enough information to be sure of the copyright status.

Quote:
It's a little bit sad because the epub is nearly finished.
But it may be a reason to learn German
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #831
Arios
A curiosus lector!

Quote:
But it may be a reason to learn German
That is true Jellby, pero el español es mi prioridad número uno!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #832
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'm working on the French translation of "Mein Kampf". The one that is currently available on Amazon is full of errors, and the format is simply horrible.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #833
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPE View Post
I'm working on the French translation of "Mein Kampf". The one that is currently available on Amazon is full of errors, and the format is simply horrible.
Interesting. Does that imply that the Germans didn't order a translation during their occupation of France? Considering Hitler's megalomania I would have imagined that he would have wanted every conquered people to read it in order to understand the righteousness of German dominance.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #834
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I would have guessed the errors are mainly OCR errors.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #835
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Interesting. Does that imply that the Germans didn't order a translation during their occupation of France? Considering Hitler's megalomania I would have imagined that he would have wanted every conquered people to read it in order to understand the righteousness of German dominance.
I'm not doing the translation myself, I'm just creating a decent ebook for it. To answer your question, though, Hitler never ordered a French translation because he was thoroughly against the idea. A possible explanation for this is that maybe he didn't want the French people to know about his plans. Les Nouvelles Éditions Latines basically translated it against his will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I would have guessed the errors are mainly OCR errors.
Yep, correct. However after having spent many, many hours trying to improve not only the epub itself but also the text (noting every error as I read through it), I found a PDF which contained a much cleaner version of the text. Obviously PDFs don't convert well to epubs, so I had to convert it into HTML, clean the whole thing using a lot of REGEX, then insert the cleaner text in the epub that I had already rebuilt.

Last edited by HYPE; 03-05-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #836
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Thanks, that was interesting.
I'm on Tapatalk so I can't send Karma but you deserve it.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #837
HYPE
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Thanks, that was interesting.
I'm on Tapatalk so I can't send Karma but you deserve it.
Well, thank you.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #838
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Working on "Men of Mathematics", Vol. II, by E.T. Bell.

Hopefully scans for Vol. I will appear on the Internet Archive soon...
Well, well... Finally got the CSS properly configured to show all the nice mathematics, only to discover that since the estimable E.T. Bell only put away his slide rule for good in 1960, this work is no longer eligible for upload here under the new life+70 yrs regime.
I'm therefore wondering if there is some bona fide, mathematically inclined Australian or Canadian citizen willing to adopt it and put it on a server in their copyright-legislation-enlightened country?
(Proof of citizenship required: Replies must start with "G'day mite" or end with "eh?" )
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #839
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Just popped by to say thanks, especially to those still uploading lrf, which I need for my trusty old Sony prs 505.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #840
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'm working on an English version of Kepler's Somnium. I was able to get a rough translation from the German epub copy into English via Google translate, but the sentence structure needs work as a result. I don't know if it will be the best translation of Kepler's story, but it is an interesting project.
How’s this project going? I would quite like to read this book!
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote