Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
The Narun - A contemporary fantasy series by G. M. Worboys

Dryad (The Narun - Book One) is now available in e-book and print editions.

John Caldor, tormented by grief after his wife and daughter were killed in a car accident, feels his mind break; he can feel the cold breeze blowing through the crack that has opened deep inside his head. It is no huge surprise then, when John meets a beautiful woman that no one else can see: Asha, the imaginary friend of his lost daughter.

Asha shows John her world, the world of the forest. She tells John that she is a narun, a being made of prana – the stuff of life. Her people are the aaranya – dryads. She shows him that she can merge with the trees and share their life. She tries to teach John that he is not broken, that his mind has opened so that he, too, can now sense the life of the forest around them. To John this is a world beyond belief, but he wants it to be real, he wants Asha to be real.

They argue and Asha leaves. John quickly realises that, whatever his doubts, he is not ready to be parted from Asha, and he enters the forest to try and find her. He finds more of her people and discovers that Asha has disappeared, and her people fear that a new conflict is erupting between the narun peoples. To save Asha, and help the aaranya, John must overcome his doubts. His path leads back to the human world where he finds that he is not the only human that knows of the narun, and John’s own rare gift, the ability to sense life, now puts him in danger.
- - -

Available at Amazon, Smashwords and Kobo. Or find out more on my website at gmworboys.com

This post is a sort of grand unveiling. Not only of my first book, but also of me. Previously only known here as gmw, I have taken off my mask. If you follow the link to my website you can discover what the "G" stands for (hereby demonstrating my writing skills by leaving a mystery for you to discover by reading further ).

Last edited by gmw; 04-16-2014 at 11:02 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Naiad (The Narun - Book Two) is now available in e-book and print editions.

So this is what it feels like, John thought to himself, to crack open the door back to his normal life, the one he had abandoned in his search for Asha. But John Caldor’s life can never return to normal, it is now inextricably linked to the aaranya, the narun of the forest. And though they do not realise it yet, all of them are caught up in something bigger than they can imagine.

Asha’s talent for healing is not enough to save the one that is so precious to the both of them. The search for a cure will lead John and Asha and their friends away from everything they know, but the hazards of their journey will not be enough to prepare them for the treachery that lurks in waiting.

Tracey thinks she has the easy job, minding John’s house while he is away. A new boyfriend, a caring mother and an amazing best friend, life should be good. But the danger lurks here too, and the consequences will tear her life asunder.
- - -

Available at Amazon, Smashwords and Kobo. Or find out more on my website at gmworboys.com
Old 04-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Nereid (The Narun - Book Three) is now available in e-book and print editions.

Whatever time John has left, he has dedicated it to finding Asha. Without that driving force he would still be sitting next to his corpse, waiting for death to catch up. But his friends will pay a high price for trying to help him.

Asha had placed herself under the control of the brothers, but she hadn't understood just how complete that control would be. They have taken her away from everyone and everything she knew, and stolen any last chance she may have had to heal Ellie. As she watches the power plays between narun and human, Asha finds she is a prisoner of her own nature, and in that she is not alone.

In protective custody, Tracey's life is no longer her own. Her past relationships are used against her, and carry her and her protectors into the middle of a war between the narun peoples, a war in which humans have become unwitting collaborators.

Events will draw them all together in a struggle for their lives, in this compelling conclusion to The Narun.
- - -

This book concludes the series, The Narun. If you're curious, the first book (Dryad) can be read on its own without feeling compelled to continue (although, obviously, I hope you will).
Old 07-02-2014, 04:07 AM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale!

For the entire month of July many e-books are available at Smashwords at big discounts, and this includes all three of my books. Until July 31st you can get the e-book edition of Dryad for FREE, and the e-book editions of Naiad and Nereid for 50% off. Just click on the links below and follow the instructions on the Smashwords site to claim your discounts.

Dryad – FREE
Naiad – 50% off
Nereid – 50% off

Enjoy!

P.S. Note that the first book (Dryad) can be read on its own without feeling compelled to continue (although, obviously, I hope you will). So there is absolutely no reason not to get it now!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Only two more weeks to go on the Smashwords July sale:

Dryad – FREE
Naiad – 50% off
Nereid – 50% off

Not nearly enough people have taken advantage of this offer yet.

Could it be because Smashwords only have the epub versions? (These are carefully hand-crafted epubs, not done through the meatgrinder, and in such cases Smashwords is unable to offer all the other formats or preview - but you can read the first few chapters via the Amazon links offered above.) If you need a copy for your Kindle there are many here on MobileRead that can tell you how to convert it, or you can use Amazon's own KindleGen or Kindle Previewer.

[Thread edited for length - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-16-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:52 AM   #6
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks, gmw. Downloaded Dryad and added it to my "to-read" list.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

I hope you like it, cromag. I'm tempted to ask how long your "to read" list is ... but some things can be better not to know.

There's only a week left on the Smashwords July sale, so I thought I'd take my last chance to offer this reminder:

Dryad – FREE
Naiad – 50% off
Nereid – 50% off

You can follow this link to my website for a short excerpt from chapter 5 of Dryad.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Dryad appears to cost $3.99 at both Amazon.com and Smashwords. Is there a code I'm overlooking?
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Dryad appears to cost $3.99 at both Amazon.com and Smashwords. Is there a code I'm overlooking?
The sale is only at Smashwords (Amazon don't let me do special deals unless I go with them exclusively). Follow the Smashwords link and over on the right, in the box with the price on it, they give you instructions with the code needed at checkout (SW100).

ETA: I just noticed that the box with the price and buy buttons is only on the right if you have a large enough screen. On smaller/narrower screens it may appear below the description.

Last edited by gmw; 07-25-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks. I picked up copies of the 2nd and 3rd at Smashwords (I already had book 1). The fact that they are epubs isn't a problem with a program like Calibre.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The sale is only at Smashwords (Amazon don't let me do special deals unless I go with them exclusively). Follow the Smashwords link and over on the right, in the box with the price on it, they give you instructions with the code needed at checkout (SW100).

ETA: I just noticed that the box with the price and buy buttons is only on the right if you have a large enough screen. On smaller/narrower screens it may appear below the description.
Thanks; I see it now. Looking forward to reading it. Best wishes with all 3 books!
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I hope you like it, cromag. I'm tempted to ask how long your "to read" list is ... but some things can be better not to know.

There's only a week left on the Smashwords July sale, so I thought I'd take my last chance to offer this reminder:

Dryad – FREE
Naiad – 50% off
Nereid – 50% off

You can follow this link to my website for a short excerpt from chapter 5 of Dryad.
It's reasonably long, but I can be flexible about it.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I don't usually read contemporary fantasy, and I especially don't usually read long works (I've been told I have a short attention span, but I ... oh, look! A squirrel!)

Anyway, I read Dryad, liked it (a lot), and just bought the remaining two books in the series.

Thanks again.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #13
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
It's reasonably long, but I can be flexible about it.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I don't usually read contemporary fantasy, and I especially don't usually read long works (I've been told I have a short attention span, but I ... oh, look! A squirrel!)

Anyway, I read Dryad, liked it (a lot), and just bought the remaining two books in the series.

Thanks again.
Thank you very much for your feedback here, and most especially for the review on Smashwords. I hope you like the next two books at least as much - I like to think they're better than the first. (The third is half as long again as the first two, so I hope the squirrels can stay away long enough. )
Old 07-03-2015, 05:24 AM   #14
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale ... again!

My books are part of the Smashwords July sale again. Until July 31st you can get the e-book edition of Dryad for FREE, and the e-book editions of Naiad and Nereid for 50% off. Just click on the links below and follow the instructions on the Smashwords site to claim your discounts.

Dryad – FREE
Naiad – 50% off
Nereid – 50% off

Why not take the chance? My one (yes, just the one ) Smashwords review for Dryad starts:
Quote:
I'm glad I found this book [...]
and you could be too!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just picked up vol. 1 in the series.

Thank you.

---- I understand your Dedication page, and it expresses my own wish, as well.

ADDED: These are also available from Amazon (without the discount, of course).

One reviewer notes that "[It] is a beautifully written first novel, very satisfying. Set here and now, but with the premise that there are other dimensions and possibilities - what we see and know is not everything that may exist. The first of a trilogy, but this book does stand alone."

Please note, that I have no affiliation with the author or the works involved.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-03-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote