Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Moving plug-ins from one computer to the other

I eventually succeeded in moving my Calibre library from one computer to the other but on my old computer I have plug-ins on the toolbar.

Is there an easy way to transfer over the plug-ins to my new Calibre library and if so how?

If not, could somebody give me step-by-step instructions on how to do it please?

Thank you
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Heathside Boy
HB

Any answers to this question please?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
Any answers to this question please?
Plugins (and SOME settings) are stored in the Calibre config folder and sub-folsers

If you copy that, that should take care of most. IIRC some settings are stored with the Library (would be specific ONLY to that Library anyway)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
Heathside Boy
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Plugins (and SOME settings) are stored in the Calibre config folder and sub-folsers

If you copy that, that should take care of most. IIRC some settings are stored with the Library (would be specific ONLY to that Library anyway)
Would you be able to give me step-by-step instructions on how to do this please?

Bearing in mind that I have already succeeded in moving my Calibre library from my old computer to my new one. It is only the plug-ins that I now need moving across.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
Would you be able to give me step-by-step instructions on how to do this please?

Bearing in mind that I have already succeeded in moving my Calibre library from my old computer to my new one. It is only the plug-ins that I now need moving across.

Start Calibre on old computer
Preferences: Miscellaneous: Click 'Open calibre configuration directory
LEAVE THE DIRECTORY OPEN

Quit Calibre using Ctrl-Q (does not leave it in the tray this way) !important

COPY the entire contents (all files and folders) to the same place (the config folder) on the new computer. AGAIN Calibre must be Stopped.

If the Library name or location has change between computers, you may start with a error message: Just use the (Library Icon) Create/Switch to point back to the proper library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
Heathside Boy
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Start Calibre on old computer
Preferences: Miscellaneous: Click 'Open calibre configuration directory
LEAVE THE DIRECTORY OPEN

Quit Calibre using Ctrl-Q (does not leave it in the tray this way) !important

COPY the entire contents (all files and folders) to the same place (the config folder) on the new computer. AGAIN Calibre must be Stopped.

If the Library name or location has change between computers, you may start with a error message: Just use the (Library Icon) Create/Switch to point back to the proper library