Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #61
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
According to the search, It seems that the only time JPanel occurs in a thread is here in this thread. I'm probably not looking hard enough, though...
Hmm. I am hurting my brain but I seem to recall it being in... err.. A very early Collections manager thread maybe? I dunno. I will go look.

deal with that later. other fish to fry. Got the recompiler to swallow the reference to the Amazon libs.

Quote:
== ERRORS FOUND ==

src/minecraft/net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.java:803: cannot find symbol
symbol : method isActive()
if (this.mcApplet != null && !this.mcApplet.isActive())
^

src/minecraft/net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.java:2195: cannot find symbol
symbol : method setStub(net.minecraft.src.MinecraftFakeLauncher)
var15.setStub(var14);
That sounds like I need to extend the amazon class to include a fake isActive or patch the code to not need it. Thinking on that.

EDIT:
Okay. I went with fixing the code.

I got around the first error by a simple change of the test.

The send one I'm not so sure about

Im reading this and this to try and understand what is being asked.

here is the code that throws the error (looks to be init code)

Code:
    var1.put("demo", "" + var2);
        var1.put("stand-alone", "" + var3);
        var1.put("username", var5);
        var1.put("fullscreen", "" + var4);
        var1.put("sessionid", var6);
        Frame var13 = new Frame();
        var13.setTitle("Minecraft");
        var13.setBackground(Color.BLACK);
        JPanel var12 = new JPanel();
        var13.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
        var12.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(854, 480));
        var13.add(var12, "Center");
        var13.pack();
        var13.setLocationRelativeTo((Component)null);
        var13.setVisible(true);
        var13.addWindowListener(new GameWindowListener());
        MinecraftFakeLauncher var14 = new MinecraftFakeLauncher(var1);
        MinecraftApplet var15 = new MinecraftApplet();
        var15.setStub(var14);
        var14.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
        var14.add(var15, "Center");
        var14.validate();
        var13.removeAll();
        var13.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
        var13.add(var14, "Center");
        var13.validate();
        var15.init();
        var15.start();
        Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook(new ThreadShutdown());
Heres the error:

Code:
me@dev ~/Downloads/MCPR $ ./recompile.sh --client
== MCP 7.19 (data: 7.19, client: 1.4.2, server: 1.4.2) ==
# found wine, ff, ff patches, srgs, name csvs, doc csvs, param csvs, renumber csv, astyle, astyle config
== Recompiling client ==
> Cleaning bin
> Recompiling
'"javac" -Xlint:-options -deprecation -g -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -classpath "lib:lib/*:jars/bin/minec...' failed : 1

== ERRORS FOUND ==

src/minecraft/net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.java:2202: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method setStub(net.minecraft.src.MinecraftFakeLauncher)
        var15.setStub(var14);
             ^

src/minecraft/net/minecraft/client/Minecraft.java:2204: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method add(net.minecraft.client.MinecraftApplet,java.lang.String)
        var14.add(var15, "Center");
             ^
Thinking on that... yep, so this is linked to the fact that we dont have http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/...ppletStub.html as outlined by error one not having an isActive() method... Sigh wish I knew more java. : )

Last edited by twobob; 11-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #62
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
My Java is very rusty, but ...
Code:
        var15.setStub(var14);
I think the message is saying you don't have a MinecraftApplet.setStub method.
If so, it should be fixable by extending the MinecraftApplet with that method.

Warning: This is application code, I rarely ever did anything other than system's code.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #63
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
My Java is very rusty, but ...
Code:
        var15.setStub(var14);
I think the message is saying you don't have a MinecraftApplet.setStub method.
If so, it should be fixable by extending the MinecraftApplet with that method.

Warning: This is application code, I rarely ever did anything other than system's code.

Yep. spot on. now I just need to figure out if it would be better to rewrite the launcher entirely as a kindlet. head scratching

Thanks mate
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #64
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Minecraft: Pocket Edition is now being "ported" to Raspberry Pi. Raspberry Pi is a popular ARM/Linux-based general purpose minicomputer.

I guess, this "port" will be a bit more suitable for Kindle (which is also an ARM/Linux-based device). It may even run on Kindle as-is.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #65
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Minecraft: Pocket Edition is now being "ported" to Raspberry Pi. Raspberry Pi is a popular ARM/Linux-based general purpose minicomputer.

I guess, this "port" will be a bit more suitable for Kindle (which is also an ARM/Linux-based device). It may even run on Kindle as-is.
Yeah. That's great news : )

See, dream hard enough and they just walk right up to you : D

Thanks mate
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #66
twobob

Quote:
"Expectations for minecraft pocket edition: worldwide mulitplayer, bigger worlds and redstone !"

Also heard and I'm not sure where that red stone is aiming for early next year.

multiplayer online possibly, they will try but it may not happen if it doesn't work well.

It will be interesting to see if there is any interoperability between the new raspberry pi version just announced.
further news on the general area. Looking quite rosy
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #67
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Looking forward to this -- I've got 3 RasPis at the moment and another is on it's way.

If it supports python or ruby(they did say support for multiple languages after all) and we can get it to run on the kindle, I'd love to help in whatever way I can, even if that is writing docs or something.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #68
twobob

I am quite certain it will support both

but I could be wrong. yep. prescient!!

happy days!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #69
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did notice that the RasPi foundation said they sent some of their boards to mojang in their blog post... Maybe we should send them Kindles?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #70
twobob

I thought actually a much similar thing. I had emailed Notch and told of our intent.

TBH this "should" be enough COME ON!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #71
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post

Download Pi Edition.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #72
twobob

YAY! it came! Thanks mate!!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #73
twobob

To download it: click here or visit

s3.amazonaws.com

Lol... Hmm..

Minecraft... Amazon...

You have a great idea... Someone always runs off with it hehehe
Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #74
twobob

LOL Hard float. Typical...

: )
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #75
qlob
Official Lurker

Maybe we need to look at something like this assembly program for the TI 83/84 caclulators?

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/asm.../minecraft.zip

it's 2d, but still nice...

Tags
kindle, minecraft, port