Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Send to storage card A default

Cannot seem to get the default "Send to Storage Card A " to work with my Nook Color. Version 0.8 just automatically sends my news to main memory of the Nook Color despite 2 attempts to set storage card as as the default. Am I missing something?
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot control where news is automatically sent. If you want to control it, disable automatic sending and send it manually.

And note that the Nook Color does not like having news on storage cards.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kovid - was that a Sony only tweak? I certainly remember using it with my Sony reader to send all the news to a memory stick instead of the limited main memory.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
patp1946
Enthusiast

Kovid will go the all manual route. FYI Nook Color did not have any problems with News on the card.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
patp1946
Enthusiast

Update. Set up so new would transfer "only on send" but Calibre still persists on automatically sending downloads to the Main. I have tried "manual" and "Only on send" but the result is the same. Calibre automatically sends to the main before I can intervene.

Is there a step I am missing?

I don't want my news on the Main.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp1946 View Post
Update. Set up so new would transfer "only on send" but Calibre still persists on automatically sending downloads to the Main. I have tried "manual" and "Only on send" but the result is the same. Calibre automatically sends to the main before I can intervene.

Is there a step I am missing?

I don't want my news on the Main.
You don't want it to send at all.

You will locate the News in the Library and You will send it, just like any other book.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
patp1946
Enthusiast

Perhaps I should try again to explain what is happening and what I want to do instead. What is happening is that Calibre is automatically download "fetching " all of my news. However, as soon as I connect my Nook Color Calibre automatically sends it to the Main and not the Storage Card A. I have tried setting default to manual with no affect. Then I set the default to " only on send" with no affect. Calibre seems to just only want to do it's own thing. Prior to updating to 0.8 all my news would go to the Library and wait for me to send it to the Nook Color Storage Card A. I would prefer this to having News sent to the Main before I can intervene. Ideally, I would like the default to send the News to my Storage Card A and not the Main as soon as I connect my Nook Color.

Now I have to clean out my Main and then go to the Library and send to Storage Card A. It's not a deal breaker because I think Calibre is great, but it sure is a bit of trouble to perform this extra step.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preferences->Behavior->"Automatically send downlaoded news to device" uncheck it.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
MildBill
Enthusiast
MildBill doesn't litterMildBill doesn't litter

Device: Probably the Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot control where news is automatically sent. If you want to control it, disable automatic sending and send it manually.
I dislike in the extreme to seem to be arguing with you, Kovid, but from the Preferences>Tweaks (in 0.8.1) I see this:

Where to send downloaded news:
When automatically sending downloaded news to a connected device, calibre
will by default send it to the main memory. By changing this tweak, you can
control where it is sent. Valid values are "main", "carda", "cardb". Note
that if there isn't enough free space available on the location you choose,
the files will be sent to the location with the most free space.

# Where to send downloaded news

send_news_to_device_location = 'main'

MildBill
MildBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildBill View Post
I dislike in the extreme to seem to be arguing with you, Kovid, but from the Preferences>Tweaks (in 0.8.1) I see this:

Where to send downloaded news:
When automatically sending downloaded news to a connected device, calibre
will by default send it to the main memory. By changing this tweak, you can
control where it is sent. Valid values are "main", "carda", "cardb". Note
that if there isn't enough free space available on the location you choose,
the files will be sent to the location with the most free space.

# Where to send downloaded news

send_news_to_device_location = 'main'

MildBill
Things change so fast that the perpetrator of Calibre can't even keep up with all the changes.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Awesome, I completely forgot about that Tweak