Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Martorell, Joanot: Tirant Lo Blanc v1. 16 Jan 2009

I have not found this book here, and find it hard to believe somebody has not already uploaded by now. I've looked under "The white knight", the "White Tyrant", "Tyrant lo Blanc", "Tirant lo Blanc" and "Tirant lo Blanch" and have not found it. So here is an excellent piece to add to the MobileRead collection

Wikipage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tirant_Lo_Blanc

From the WIKI
Tirant lo Blanc is an epic romance written by the Valencian knight Joanot Martorell, supposedly finished by Martí Joan de Galba and published in Valencia in 1490. It is one of the best known medieval works of literature in Catalan, and played an important role in the evolution of the Western novel because of its influence on the author Miguel de Cervantes.

Tirant lo Blanc; a literal English translation of the title would be The White Knight or Tirant the White, (the name of the main character of the romance).

Tirant lo Blanc is one of the most important books of Catalan literature. Written by Joanot Martorell in the 15th century, the "Tirant" is a chivalric novel that also appears to have a strong autobiographic component. It tells the feats and adventures of Knight Tirant lo Blanch from Brittany. At times, it parallels the life and adventures of admiral Roger de Flor, a Templar Knight and participant in the last crusade, leader of the Almogavar (Catalonian and Aragonese) "Catalan Company". This historical resemblance is also evident in the description of events occurring around Constantinople and the defeat of Sultan Mehmed II "the conqueror," and ultimately leading to the fall of Constantinople in 1453.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Martorell - Tirrant Lo Blanc.prc (628.6 KB, 994 views)

Last edited by =X=; 01-16-2009 at 01:52 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I have not found this book here, and find it hard to believe somebody has not already uploaded by now.
It's one of the classics I've been thinking I should read, and I may create as an ebook in a future... but in the original language Thanks for the upload!

(The name of the author is Joanot and not Johanot, I think.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It's one of the classics I've been thinking I should read, and I may create as an ebook in a future... but in the original language Thanks for the upload!

(The name of the author is Joanot and not Johanot, I think.)
yes you are correct I'll fix it asap. I would like to see the text in original form, though I'm sure I could not understand a word.

=X=
Old 01-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I would like to see the text in original form, though I'm sure I could not understand a word.
It's online here. If you can read Spanish and French, it shouldn't be much harder... but being so old a text I'm sure I would need a lot of footnotes too
Old 01-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It's online here. If you can read Spanish and French, it shouldn't be much harder... but being so old a text I'm sure I would need a lot of footnotes too
LOL I think you are right I have a hard enough time reading Spanish and French.
I had a hard time telling what language it was. I think the language is Catalan, not that i recognize the language. I just looked up his history.

=X=
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
I had a hard time telling what language it was. I think the language is Catalan, not that i recognize the language. I just looked up his history.
You wrote yourself: "Tirant lo Blanc is one of the most important books of Catalan literature"
Old 01-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard

Well that's embarrassing that's what one gets for plagiarism from WIKI

=X=
Old 01-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Well that's embarrassing that's what one gets for plagiarism from WIKI

=X=
You should always read what you rip off. (NB: I'm lucky this embarrassing thing hasn't happened to me yet)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote