Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 12-30-2002, 06:02 PM   #31
cbeaman
cbeaman began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T-615C
OK, I've followed the directions, enabled send/receive cookies, changed yourname and yourpass to my info, and all I'm getting from the MyYahoo, Yahoo Mail, and Yahoo News (given on page 1 of this thread) is "Welcome to Yahoo! The browser you're using refuses to sign in, (cookies rejected)."

Any thoughts?
cb
Old 12-30-2002, 06:06 PM   #32
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Are you using iSiloX 3.25 Final? The beta had a bug where the cookie send/receive settings were not saved.
Advert
Old 12-31-2002, 12:17 AM   #33
cbeaman
cbeaman began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T-615C
I think I'm using the final 3.25. Just in case, I'm downloading another copy (12/3) from PalmGear. More later...
Old 01-08-2003, 10:04 PM   #34
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Is there a way to load Yahoo Movies onto iSilo for more than one day-- say three days each download?
I usually don't update iSiloX on the weekends and so I find myself with Friday's movie times on Saturday and Sunday.
Marty
Old 01-21-2003, 12:43 PM   #35
kennyd
kennyd began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally posted by sUnShInE@Dec 15 2002, 01:13 PM
I just figured out what I was doing wrong.

I was using the url/path with the YOURNAME & PASSWORD as the link in the .ixl -- instead of using what I got from after I logged into Yahoo! (ex. http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=news)

If this wasn't in the instructions, and I suspect it was but I am often accused of doing and not reading perhaps others can be instructed by my mistake.

Off to read Yahoo! *
Could a better explanation of this post be given. I am configuring iSiloX for the my Yahoo, and am just browsing these post's. This one does not seem to match either the innitial explanation or the screen shots on pg 1 of this thread. I also am getting the small 3k file as the output.

1. The cookies are configured for "enable" both send and recieve.
2. The link depth is 3.
3. I am using the "news" link in the second post of first page as the url that I am pointing iSiloX to.
4. I am replacing "YOURNAME" with my yahoo username.
5. I am replacing "YOURPASS" with my yahoo password.
6. Last of all I am executing the conversion and get a 3k file with no messages or warnings.
Advert
Old 01-22-2003, 04:13 PM   #36
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Hi Kennyd. Glad we surf the same boards, otherwise I probably would have missed your post.

I think the crucial part you're missing is exactly what I did wrong as well:

iSiloX doesn't want your login info. Yahoo! does. You need to log into Yahoo! under your account with your computer -- that's where the login name & password come into play.

So, surf over to Yahoo! News (for ex), and login under your account. Then copy and paste the url (which should be something like the one I got above) into your ixl.

Hopefully this is a better explanation of how I fixed my problem. Keep me posted and we'll work you through it.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:29 AM   #37
kennyd

I must admit. I feel pretty dumb. I was entering my username and password in the actual url being launched from isiloX with hyperlink depths set. I guess I expected the customized url to arrive on the other side and do it's thing. I did not gather from the innitial posts that in short you are supposed to

1. log in to yahoo with the links provided.
2. go to the content with in yahoo that you want to convert.
3. paste that url into the add url box in iSiloX.
4. convert the content.

I tried all kinds of things, like adding both the login url and my desired content url....on and on. Didn't think to simply go to the content add the url and convert it.

Thanks Sunshine for the reply. Your right, there was definately some cross posting going on. I noticed that you and Turcic both browse cliesource and hoped if I couldn't catch you here, that I could catch you there.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:36 AM   #38
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad Sunshine could help you out

I am adjusting the "Yahoo" Channels for the new iSilo 3.3 Beta. Precisely defining what links to follow and what not (for instance, when checking MyYahoo Mail with iSilo, I don't want it to follow the "Delete" links).
Old 01-23-2003, 10:49 AM   #39
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Glad it worked out. Enjoy Yahoo!
Old 01-23-2003, 11:30 AM   #40
kennyd

is there any way to dissable the "Yahoo Home" link, using either the current 3.25 or 3.3 version of iSiloX. Sorry to jump the gun on an intended post Alexander, but I couldn't help but notice the implication in your last post. Is this a setting available in iSiloX or iSiloXC only. And where is the setting at in either. I apologize if I'm missunderstanding the comment about "I don't want it to follow the delete links". Thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #41
kennyd

Allright!!! Thanks for the post Alexander. I already went to the beta downloads at iSiloX, got 3.3 and started excluding. Works great. I've emailed the developers more than once hoping for this feature. I didn't even know that this beta was out there. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:03 AM   #42
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok, I found my devotion: Perl RegEx

You need at least iSilo V3.3 Beta 1 to make this work!!

I am still working on the new WCC; but for those who want to download their MyYahoo Mail and want at the same time to:

- avoid downloading the rest of Yahoo (news, sports, etc...)
- avoid deleting their mails

...they should create the following new channel:

Name: MyYahoo Mail
Source: "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?&.done=http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=mail&login=usernamehere&passwd=passhere"

Maximum Link Depth: 99 (yes that's right, baby)
Follow off-site links: yes

URL Filters: (click on it under "Links")
Add Exclusion Filter(s):
1. Wildcard (WC) - Pattern: *
Add Inclusion Filter(s):
1. RegEX (RE) - Pattern: (?=(??!act=).)*$)dp=mail
2. RegEX (RE) - Pattern: \.gif
3. RegEX (RE) - Pattern: \.jpg

That's it. Can you feel the strength of the new iSilo Beta?
Old 01-24-2003, 07:48 AM   #43
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Btw, if you want to see all messages in your inbox etc, use this url instead:

Source: "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?&.done=http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=mail&all=1&login=usernamehere&passwd=passhere"
Old 01-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #44
kennyd

Alexander,
Do you know where a good resource is that has a list of the regular expressions that can be used in iSilo. I noticed that there help section is pretty limited in explaining this. I have kind of gotten a gist of it, but I can see in your post that there is a lot more expressions not explained in iSilo's help section.

Like I can see that the "\" tells the filter to read the "." and not execute the command. What does a "." tell the filter to do without prefixing it with a "\".
Old 01-27-2003, 04:13 AM   #45
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

kennyd,

The iSiloX Help File mentioned

http://www.pcre.org/ as one source to get a good overview of all available RegEx.

The particular RegEx I wrote for MyYahoo Mail is more complex; it uses techniques like lookahead assertion.

I recommend the excellent book Mastering Regular Expressions which I bought a few weeks ago.