Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #136
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
I've released ebookutils-0.5 at the new site http://ebookutils.berlios.de As it's based on a Wiki, you are free to edit it if you feel you can add something

Well, I hoped for it and I got it so I'm happy

Fixed in 0.5
Ashish:

Let's see, you set these lofty goals and you attain them. Must be a pretty good feeling!

Not everyone can wake up one morning and think "I should allow my reader to retrieve (be served) local content as well as surf the internet and download from there in under a minute." Yeah, I almost had the same thought, not!

BTW, I can attest that the windows version 0.5 now works with my plugins, except #7 AdjustImageSize which requires PIL to be installed (and compiled therein). Oh, oh, Ashish, could you include PIL's Image?

I do note, however, that the EBW1150 does crash a lot, so I think it's best for now to surf the (friendly) pages of the mobile edition of mobileread, namely: www.mobileread.mobi !

Happy .imp downloading (and .prc/.pdf converting "on-the-fly"). Any suggestions for (plugin) improvements?

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-09-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: no problems with my PrcConverter.py plugin (just make sure that mobi2imp-cmd.bat is included)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:54 AM   #137
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
I've released ebookutils-0.5 at the new site http://ebookutils.berlios.de As it's based on a Wiki, you are free to edit it if you feel you can add something

Well, I hoped for it and I got it so I'm happy

Fixed in 0.5
Fix confirmed on my system.

A question: when surfing to mobileread's .imp files pages and clicking on a book.imp title, I get a new page. At the bottom of that page is a message: "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." The .imp file is not downloaded. What am I doing wrong?
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #138
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post

A question: when surfing to mobileread's .imp files pages and clicking on a book.imp title, I get a new page. At the bottom of that page is a message: "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." The .imp file is not downloaded. What am I doing wrong?
Can you post the log or a screenshot showing that?
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #139
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post

Does .prc downloading (and converting) work as well?

Start from my content index.html and click the link to: 'E-Book Uploads: Mobi/PRC Books' and page down until you see the thread for a .prc ebook, say 'Church, R. W.: Bacon, v.1, 6 Sept 2008', After you enter that thread, again page down until you see the underlined attachment, in this case, 'CHURCH_BACON.prc'. When you click that link, the PrcConverter plugin should convert it to .imp and initate a direct download.

As a test, create a next.html and place it in the content directory. In next.html, place your test direct links to .imp or .prc ebooks, like:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Welcome</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Welcome to the second content page</h1>
<p> Go to <A UNDERLINE='YES' HREF="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16065&d=1220715504">CHURCH_BACON.prc</a></p>
<p> Go to <A UNDERLINE='YES' HREF="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16079&d=1220752997">The Mind of the Maker.imp</a></p>
</body>
</html>
Then from my index.html, click 'Go to local content next page'

For testing an internet link to a site that uses <form> and plays a variant of the classic kids game 'Rock Paper Scissors', add this link to next.html:
Code:
<p> Go to <A UNDERLINE='YES' HREF="http://www.penzilla.net/tutorials/python/cgi/rpssl.html">Sample cgi Rpssl page</A> page.</p>
This one is called 'Rock Paper Scissors Spock Lizard'.
http://www.penzilla.net/tutorials/python/cgi/rpssl.html

Hope you get this part working soon! This is so much fun.... and some of it IS practical too!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-10-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: added link to internet game 'Rock Paper Scissors Spock Lizard'
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #140
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Changes in 0.6:

Only books placed inside the 'shelf' folder will be available by default: if you specify folders on the command line, it will override this location. Also, if an ebook version [1150 vs 1200] has been detected, then only .IMP files matching that ebook will be returned in the online bookshelf.

* setup PyPI upload
* detect ebook version when connecting to authenticate.ebooksystem.net
* filter booklist by ebook type (if detected)
* allow plugins to access ebook type via impserve.config.ebook_type [0 = None, 1 = 1200, 2 = 1150]
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #141
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Any chance you could get the program to write a log file and display nothing on the screen at all?

I've come up with an interesting little wrapper to launch it and minimize to the tray.

If you could create a command line switch to not display anything at all on the screen I could make my little wrapper look pretty nice. <G> Doing it in Virtual Pascal and will release the source code as I do with everything else I code.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #142
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Any chance you could get the program to write a log file and display nothing on the screen at all?

I've come up with an interesting little wrapper to launch it and minimize to the tray.

If you could create a command line switch to not display anything at all on the screen I could make my little wrapper look pretty nice. <G> Doing it in Virtual Pascal and will release the source code as I do with everything else I code.
Quick way would be to redirect the output to a file (append '>file-log.txt') or to the null device on windows! (append '>nul').

The former still has some of impserve's output going to the screen so maybe the >nul is the way to go for now, that is, until ashkulz chimes in!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #143
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:

I've committed that change. However, the initial banner will still show up on the console. Will that be OK?

Also, we're planning to release 0.7 in a day or two so maybe we could discuss how to integrate your wrapper for that release...
Old 09-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #144
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

The inital banner is fine, as I can compensate for that and place it in it's own "window". It just seems to be the way it's writing to the screen... Not sure why but it would change window sizes etc. I'm /assuming/ it's due to my poor coding ability though.

I do have the wrapper working in that it just hides impserve now completely. I should be able to tweak the code enough by tomorrow so it will hide to the tray in windows so you can quit it with a right click as opposed to the current method of task manager.

If I was writing this just for myself I'd stop now as it works for me... I hate having things output and windows in my taskbar etc. So I assume other's might like to hide it all as well.

When it's working I'll zip up the exe, with the pascal source code and a readme and you could just place it on the wiki page if you wanted? It's not fancy enough to warrant anything other then a plugin placeholder.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #145
nrapallo

Sample next.html: some more links to test your reader's ability to surf & download

Using the below sample next.html, will allow you to play with some content-types now better understood by impserve as well as some kindle/mobi sites that list many ebooks. Some of these links may not be operational until the latest changes appear in version 0.7.

You may also require my plugins in the separate impserve plugins thread.

Have fun!

p.s. be careful to backup your previous next.html or call this one next2.html and link it from your next.html. Uh, did I lose you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip next.zip (728 Bytes, 553 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-21-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #146
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
The inital banner is fine, as I can compensate for that and place it in it's own "window". It just seems to be the way it's writing to the screen... Not sure why but it would change window sizes etc. I'm /assuming/ it's due to my poor coding ability though.

I do have the wrapper working in that it just hides impserve now completely. I should be able to tweak the code enough by tomorrow so it will hide to the tray in windows so you can quit it with a right click as opposed to the current method of task manager.

If I was writing this just for myself I'd stop now as it works for me... I hate having things output and windows in my taskbar etc. So I assume other's might like to hide it all as well.

When it's working I'll zip up the exe, with the pascal source code and a readme and you could just place it on the wiki page if you wanted? It's not fancy enough to warrant anything other then a plugin placeholder.
I've just committed the ability to run impserve as a Windows service. It will automatically log to 'impserve.log' in the installation folder. Thanks for the initial thought for this idea, as most people will either want it in autostart mode OR will always want control over start/stop (the current situation) -- I just took your idea to the logical conclusion
Old 09-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #147
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Sounds good! I am going to continue with this just so I can finish my learning on how to make a console app minimize to the tray. Now that the pressure is off I'm sure I'll get it done much faster. <G>
Old 09-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #148
ashkulz
Addict

Changes in ebookutils-0.7
  1. Add support for running as a windows service
  2. Various fixes to get Munsey's and Feedbooks working (working around limitations in the ebook)
  3. Added a debug option (-d) for detailed logging of proxy responses
  4. Added a log option (-l) to log all output to a file

I'm updating the documentation on the ebookutils wiki right now, and nrapallo will be creating a content package (to get you started) which will also be posted there.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #149
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm using the impbuild from the command line and I get the following error.

Note I do have eBook Publisher, Windows XP and downloaded the exe from the web site.

Code:
Execution failed at src/impbuild.c:234 while attempting to execute
  dhPutValue(impProject, L".ConvertToJPEG   = %b", TO_BOOL(image_conv))

Member:   .ConvertToJPEG   = %b
Function: PutValue
Error In: InvokeArray
Error:    Object doesn't support this property or method: 'ConvertToJPEG'
Code:     80020006
Source:   IDispatch Interface
Thanks in advance
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #150
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I'm using the impbuild from the command line and I get the following error.

Note I do have eBook Publisher, Windows XP and downloaded the exe from the web site.

Code:
Execution failed at src/impbuild.c:234 while attempting to execute
  dhPutValue(impProject, L".ConvertToJPEG   = %b", TO_BOOL(image_conv))

Member:   .ConvertToJPEG   = %b
Function: PutValue
Error In: InvokeArray
Error:    Object doesn't support this property or method: 'ConvertToJPEG'
Code:     80020006
Source:   IDispatch Interface
Thanks in advance
=X=
Please ensure that you have the latest eBook Publisher (2.2.5) installed. Also, if you recently installed GEB Librarian then please (re)install eBook Publisher -- it overrides the DLL registration as they use the same name.