Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Why are these tags rejected?

I have the following warnings when running Kindlegen:

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Title "Title is here"

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Date "2011-05-16"

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Creator "Creator's name is here"

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Publisher "Publisher's name is here"

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Contributor "Contributor's name is here"

Warning(prcgen):W14021: Guide title is empty. Item is ignored

Info(prcgen):I1002: Parsing files 0000001

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29006: Tag rejected: <guide>

in file: C:\mobi7\book.html line: 0000001

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29006: Tag rejected: <reference title="Copyright" type="copyright" filepos="0000001278"/>

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29006: Tag rejected: <reference title="Table of Contents" type="toc" filepos="0000001869"/>

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29006: Tag rejected: </guide>

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <p height="0%" width="-5%">

Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <p height="0%" width="0%">

This is what the source file looks like:
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<guide>
<reference title="Copyright" type="copyright" filepos=0000001278 />
<reference title="Table of Contents" type="toc" filepos=0000001869 />
</guide>

</head>

1. Why are the tags rejected?
2. What does "Forcefully closed opened Tag" mean? There are thousands <p height="0%" width="0%"> in the source file. How do I find out the exact spot where the problem is?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 09-24-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
1. Why are the tags rejected?
Because they were obviously generated by KindleUnpack.
For example, guide items can only be used in .opf files and filepos is not a valid reference attribute.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Because they were obviously generated by KindleUnpack.
For example, guide items can only be used in .opf files and filepos is not a valid reference attribute.
In other words, you are trying to run Kindlegen on the wrong output file from KindleUnpack. What you are looking at is the raw Mobi only html stored inside the mobi file and not the version that has been cleaned up and processed to replace all of the guide items and the filepos links.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote