Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
flstewieg
Windfinder
flstewieg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Library Collections and Numbering

I see that Calibre allows the collections using a number of tags as well as the series, but when I go into the collections on my Sony 900, they are listed out of order according to series number. Does anyone have a solution for this other than numbering all the books, or have I just not searched well enough?
flstewieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
If you number the books in a series using the "series number" field in Calibre, it will attempt to order the series collection by number. But there are a few important caveats:
  1. You must send all books in the series to the device in a single "send to device" operation.
  2. If you modify the series on the device (by deleting a book, for example) that will almost certainly hose the series order in the collection.
  3. The Sony readers occasionally dump and re-create their meta-data file for no apparent reason. When this happens, series ordering will be lost.
The most important of these is the first. One consequence is that to add another book to a series that is already on your device, you must first remove the series books from the device and then send the new larger number of books back to the device in a single send-to-device operation.

Xenophon

P.S. For future reference, this question would have fit better in the Calibre forum.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
flstewieg
Windfinder
flstewieg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Thank you so much for the timely response. I had the 4th book in because it was the one I was reading at the time, then I added the others later. This should fix it.

Sorry about the forum mix-up, I did not know if this was related to the device itself or calibre.
flstewieg is offline   Reply With Quote