Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #61
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
1) I was working on an epub with two stylesheets, which I combined into one and then deleted the superfluous style sheet, using the book browser (right-click, delete). It would be nice if Sigil could then delete from all the html files the reference to the now non-existent stylesheet. (Granted this is trivial with S/R, so not a biggie.)
Just select your files and right-click to Link a Stylesheet to choose the ones you do want linked. It's possible to set it to delete the linked sheets this way, but I wonder if it should be done automatically. Deleting images doesn't delete the links - and this can be helpful if you want to add in a different image with the same name. The same could hold for a stylesheet.

Quote:
2) Also noted that when validating stylesheets, and there are 2 stylesheets (or more?) sigil opens 2 (or more?) browser windows to do the checks.
You can right click on a style-sheet and do the check for just that sheet. Having to ok each of several sheets adds extra clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I have a small quibble with 7.1. It will not add Guderian’s or other apostrophe word to the dictionary by right click but it will add it in the dialog box in preferences.

I am including the epub I am working on, since I think it may be smart apostrophes that are causing the problem.
This works fine for me. New dictionary - add the word either in the Spellcheck dialog or right clicking and it ends up in the dictionary ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
A good idea for Sigil to have, might be to introduce a "Rolling Quick Save" or "Quick Save Slot" (I don't know the official term for it). ...

Perhaps these quick save slots might also be a perfect time to also introduce the "Save every X minutes" that multiple people have mentioned on these boards.
A save with versions is on the issue list - though when or if it will get done isn't clear - it isn't a trivial issue.

[quote]
Bug #1: As a side note, there is a little bug that bothers me about the Mass Rename functionality. I believe this attached image should explain the bug perfectly.
[/quuote]

Thanks - easily fixed.

Quote:
Bug #2: I believe it started in Sigil 0.7.0. If I remember correctly, in the previous Sigil version, whenever you loaded/ran a "Saved Search", Sigil would auto-default to "Regular Expression" mode. Now, it stays on what was the last used setting ("Case Sensitive" or "Normal").
Not a bug. This way your Saved Search runs with whatever settings are in the Find & Replace box - instead of just running with some of them.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #62
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
I think I've found a bug with the controls on the Delete Unused Stylesheet Classes. If I fast double click on the check boxes Sigil crashes.

Discovered by accident, but it seems to be very repeatable. You have to immediately double click on a check box after running the command. If select any entries and then move to the check boxes it works properly.

Running 0.7.1 on Win 7 Prof.

While you are at it can we have Select All, Select None controls here please.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #63
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
I think I've found a bug with the controls on the Delete Unused Stylesheet Classes. If I fast double click on the check boxes Sigil crashes.

Discovered by accident, but it seems to be very repeatable. You have to immediately double click on a check box after running the command. If select any entries and then move to the check boxes it works properly.

Running 0.7.1 on Win 7 Prof.

While you are at it can we have Select All, Select None controls here please.
Yep, that's a bug, and fixed for the next release. Thanks.

Select All/None controls don't seem too useful. Just pick different files to delete in the first place?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #64
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post

Select All/None controls don't seem too useful. Just pick different files to delete in the first place?
Sometimes I've copied a standard style sheet into a document before I've finished cleaning up old styles. I'll use the new styles as I work through the document but not yet. It can be nice to clean out the old ones as I go, check none would allow me to just check the ones I want to delete for now.

Not a huge issue for me anyway.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #65
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Yep, that's a bug, and fixed for the next release. Thanks.

Hey Meme,
I was just wondering if that other bug was fixed as well - the one where pseudo classes and multi-level css were marked for deletion?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert