Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
Literati on woot.com 3/25/11, $49.99

No idea whether this is a good deal or not. It's cheaper than Amazon but perhaps they are cheaper still at Kohls or whatever.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
People were getting it from Bed Bath and Beyond about 2 months ago for $12 (after some ridiculous coupons), but it seems like most people didn't think it was worth using. Not sure I'd pay $50 for it, but maybe $12 just to try it out.

Read through the thread before buying it.

Here's another one to read.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I got one for $12 (after rebate) and love it. I will gladly pay $50 for another for my son.

Copied from Woot -

LCD Trip

Mellow out. Everything’s going to be OK. Those colors you’re seeing on your eReader are perfectly normal.
For those whose eReaders are still stuck on that farm in Kansas, the kaleidoscopic cyclone of color on the Literati’s LCD can be disorienting, even psychologically shattering. And the Literati’s price tag seems to shake the pillars on which consensus reality rests. When the monochrome world dissolves, it can take all the old preconceptions and certainties with it.

An eReader in color? For fifty bucks? It’s no wonder that weaker, more timid, or more uptight minds can’t handle the chasm between this new reality and everything they thought they knew. The mental leap demanded by the Literati is just too great. (Or at least, we’re hoping that psychedelic psychosis explains all the negative reviews the Literati got last year.)

The important thing is to remember that you’re a living organism on this planet, and you’re very safe. You’ve just taken a heavy dose of the Sharper Image Literati. Once the panic subsides, you’ll embrace the millions of new ebook experiences available through the Kobo ebookstore.

Everything’s going to be OK. Really. Unless you already paid too much for a monochrome eReader. We can’t help you with that.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Season
Season began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
I love mine and bought my two sons and husband each one. The updated software was a big improvement.
Season is offline   Reply With Quote