Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Long, long time...

Well, things finally seem to be calming down a bit for me... So I'm back here. It really didn't seem like almost a year, but it's been around 11 months since I was last really active. I feel kinda bad about that, actually...

The past year has really been confusing and hectic - school becoming more complex and busy, actually ending up with some pretty nice friends... But I'm finally settling into a sort of routine, so I think I'll be back here quite a bit more. Some of what's been keeping me away include friends, a girlfriend, school work (almost done high school), university applications/acceptances (Waterloo software engineering, if anyone's curious), and the more usual life complexities...

I haven't really been keeping up with the news as well as I should, overall, particularly when it comes to mobile devices - if anyone feels like giving me a recap of the last (about) year and a half, that'd be pretty nice...

Sorry, Alex, for just disappearing there for quite some time, by the way.

So I'm just posting this to, I suppose, reintroduce myself after a long absence. If anyone has any questions, anything... Please ask. I will really try to be quite a bit more active, though. I mean, after 11 months I can't do any worse, at least...
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hey Justin. I am glad you've found your way! We missed you, and that's why you totally made my day by coming back to us.

To everyone: Chaos/Justin has been editor with us for several years and he is one of the driving forces responsible for where MobileRead stands today.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cool! What a nice surprise, Justin! It's so great to have you back with us, and I'm so happy to wake up to this news!

Congratulations also on your upcoming move to Waterloo. Some big adventures (good ones) ahead for you with your academics and career! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome Back, Chaos! I remember you from when I first started with MR (about 14 months ago) and wondered where you'd gotten to. I'm glad you're back.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Sweet, great job helping get this site up; there is a ton 'o useful info here with alot of great people too! Amazing that you're just finishing High School, you have great potential! If you think you're gonna have a break now that school's over, believe me when I tell you it's just begun when you start college (hope you like, no... love math, because you're going to be taking alot of it!) Good luck with the college apps and don't sell yourself short.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #6
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Thanks, Alex, Bob, Nat. And hello, Azayzel.

I'm not quite done school (yet), but I've gotten close enough that I've finally gotten down to just a few courses left to worry about (and not too much - they're strong subjects for me)... And I've finally managed to get myself organised enough to have more free time that I'm not sleeping and resting in. I think I've also managed to get (and keep!) a relatively normal sleep-cycle, too...

I enjoy math, but not for math's sake - I enjoy it for what it can do. Those silly little problems with no realistic bearing annoy me, but I'll spend hours working on something if it actually means something to someone... So I think I'll definitely have an interesting time in software engineering (which is actually an (almost) definite thing - I just have to keep my marks up for these last two months, and I'm in - with $1000 scholarship, at least).

It's nice to know people here do remember me. It's been a bit of a tough year in some ways with being too busy to spend time thinking about people that do appreciate my existence. (Let's just say that people my age are generally extremely selfish and ungrateful, and leave it at that...)

I'll have to go and dig up some of the old sites I used to visit, and pull some good news up here (might not get anything good for a few days though). I'll also look into getting back into doing something with the wiki, too.

So, thanks, again. If there's anything else I should know, please do tell, though.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I enjoy math, but not for math's sake - I enjoy it for what it can do. Those silly little problems with no realistic bearing annoy me, but I'll spend hours working on something if it actually means something to someone....
Speaking as someone who took Cal 1 3 times and Cal 2 twice, those silly little problems help you remember what you should do when it comes test time -- I didn't the first several times, hence the repetition.

BTW, speaking of absences, I'll be gone for the next several days on a family outing, just so no one starts worrying.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote