Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #16
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
does anyone acutally understand iRex' system?
Grasshopper, that is a good question.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #17
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
well, if there were a system, one might understand
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I sincerely doubt iRex understand it.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #19
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
I think it seems fairly certain that no one in the US/Canada has yet received an invite - at least no one has posted that they have, and there is no other currency yet on that drop down (see posts above for a discussion about the meaning of that).

I like to think that I have not received an invite because US sales are still on hold, not because I am not on the list! But I have no way of knowing at the moment - that is why I would be grateful if US/Canade people posted to this thread when they got an invite.

Here is hoping for Monday. Maybe an invite is a consolation prize for us, while you lucky europeans get shipping!!
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #20
oliverbogler
Connoisseur

My invite arrived this morning at 4:20 am - no, I was sleeping...

Just ordered iLiad - order number 500. Came to $813, but the shipping isn't be right because only European countries were available in the account settings. I was also charged VAT because of it, so this should go away, and the shipping should go up.

Anyway - the email that came with the invite said the USA was going to get shipments in July.

Happy 3rd of July everyone!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:46 AM   #21
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbogler
My invite arrived this morning at 4:20 am - no, I was sleeping...

Just ordered iLiad - order number 500.
They have not so many orders...

ThinkNeXT is # 399 (16 June, 2006)
CommanderROR is # 47x, (26th of June) and you are only # 500...

In the light of this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6927
it seems to me, their B2B model is absolutely insolvent, it just failed....
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #22
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Takir,

Thats a number being taken out of context...

That could be 450 orders of 100-1000 units each and 50 (us) of 1.

You can't assume anything from that.

Last edited by Riocaz; 07-03-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #23
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
we can all stop checking our emails by the way...there will be no shipping before thrusday...another delay...well...we'll just have to spam the forums until then...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #24
oliverbogler
Connoisseur

Anyone else?

I realize almost everyone in the US is off on a break to celebrate the birth of this nation, but I am curious whether anyone else this side of the atlantic has been invited and has ordered - perhaps someone from Canada
Old 07-04-2006, 04:41 AM   #25
ribrdb
iLiad Freak
ribrdb began at the beginning.

Device: Newton 2000, 2100
No invitation yet. :-(
ribrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #26
oliverbogler
Connoisseur

Thanks for CommanderROR US folks are now getting invites - see here .

I notice that my address has been updated to reflect USA, and the drop down currency menu now includes US$. Things are moving nicely, and I can almost see the UPS man coming up my path...!!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:43 AM   #27
oliverbogler
Connoisseur

US order charged to credit card

Well, my iRex hit on my Visa on July 6th, so it seems that the US Visa billing issue has been resolved.

My order status has not yet changed in the iRexshop, as of this morning... - still 'confirmed, processing'

BTW, it came to $813.

One step closer (and still behind the Europeans, who started shipping today).
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #28
oliverbogler
Connoisseur

My order (#500) just went to 'paid, not shipped'...
Old 07-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #29
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Mine also, Paid not shipped. Good sign
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #30
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
yep...maybe the devices finally made it to Dueren and they did a quick count and found that they could ship some more...now all they need to do is actually SHIP!!!!!!!

OOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

puh...that was close...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote