Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 02-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iPod learns to say video with a 3.5-inch display

Clearly, Apple's engineers don't know how to say no. According to the boys at Think Secret, Apple's complete video iPod solution is quietly en route. They claim that the video iPod will feature a 3.5-inch display and a digital click wheel that overlays the touch-sensitive display and appears when a finger touches it and disappears when the finger is removed.

As for the release, rumor is that it could be as early as late March or early April.

Related: palmInsider reports that Apple was granted a patent for multipoint touchscreen technology.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
I hope they really come out with this. If it has the same "Notes" feature as a regular iPod it would be very useful for reading ebooks on too.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
= Apple one step closer to releasing their own PDA.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Someone did a cool-looking flash mockup of what could be the video Ipod.

-> http://www.deviantart.com/view/28738962/
Old 02-10-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
= Apple one step closer to releasing their own PDA.
Especially considering that you can already Sync Address Book and iCal/To Do list to your iPod if you have a Mac. It does look like they are sneaking up on it real slow. Also, Delicious Library downloads my Book/Music/Movie/Game inventory to my iPod as well. Still it's nowhere near as useful as a Palm, but little by little...

I really hope they put the ebook reading ability on this - you can't watch movies all the time.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
jjf01
Nameless Being

Hmm, makes you wonder...if its really a good idea. It seems that a screen that large is incredibly prone to scratches, not to mention this is well (how do you say fingerprint prone? I mean, you are supposed to touch it) going to get fingerprints on it.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #7
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I think the scratching issue is very overrated. I have had my 60 gb iPod with video for over a month, and while the metallic back has plenty of fingerprints on it, the screen has no scratches whatsoever. But then again, I carry mine around in a case, and take good care of my investment.

You can't just throw one of these naked into a bag and not expect it to get scratched. It's no different from a PDA in that respect.