Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
Unsure please help

HI guys, I have a Kobotouch and in october just after i got it i turned on wifi, synced and it downloaded firmware 2.1.5 and then promptly lost about 95 books i had on it downloaded by wifi from kobo.

I did a factory reset and then did not turn on the wifi again (too worried i would lose everything) i am now not sure as to whether i should attach ereader to kobo desktop to get newest upgrade or not? i use ADE to put all my books on even kobo ones i get. so i have my back up library all in one place.

I have about 850 books on there at least half are sideloaded kindle books via calibre, and i also use the library. I no longer get any free ones off kindle cos i i was getting too adicted lol

bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
HI guys, I have a Kobotouch and in october just after i got it i turned on wifi, synced and it downloaded firmware 2.1.5 and then promptly lost about 95 books i had on it downloaded by wifi from kobo.

I did a factory reset and then did not turn on the wifi again (too worried i would lose everything) i am now not sure as to whether i should attach ereader to kobo desktop to get newest upgrade or not? i use ADE to put all my books on even kobo ones i get. so i have my back up library all in one place.

I have about 850 books on there at least half are sideloaded kindle books via calibre, and i also use the library. I no longer get any free ones off kindle cos i i was getting too adicted lol

I always put my sideloaded content on an external memory card this way if things go bad the books are allways there. But if they are in main memory they get erased if you have to do a factory reset. Books that are loaded via kobo desktop, are always synced and can be downloaded automatically by wifi sync or desktop sync. I have over at last count that is 3073 books on my kobo glo and those are all on external sd card.

Good luck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks gonna sync via kobo desktop tomorrow fingers crossed

Last edited by bookaho!ic; 02-27-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Did not finish post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
BWinmill
Nameless Being

The other option is to stick to something if it works for you. That, and your downloading books via ADE ensures that you have a backup that's portable across devices.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
bookaho!ic
Evangelist

thanks BWinmill i back up my books to a usb anyway used to use skydrive but got to the maximum upload limit before i had to split the winzip to two files so thought back up to usb drive much easier
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
bookaho!ic
Evangelist

Well device updated now on version 2.4.0 and all seems good. really like that i can now see the size of the file/book where i could not before
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Well device updated now on version 2.4.0 and all seems good. really like that i can now see the size of the file/book where i could not before
glad your up and running.

Good reading and stick around there are a lot of people here who will help if and when you need some advice or a bump in the kobo road arrives unannounced.

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
bookaho!ic
Evangelist

Thanks Jack

I seem to be getting the niggle that sometimes it does not turn a page, or is v slow in turning or turns two. but seem to be alot of people with this problem so hopfully this bug will be ironed out soon
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Thanks Jack

I seem to be getting the niggle that sometimes it does not turn a page, or is v slow in turning or turns two. but seem to be alot of people with this problem so hopfully this bug will be ironed out soon
If you are having page turning problems, I suggest you post more visibly that you are having problems, or contact Kobo directly and let them know. IMO, this is an ongoing issue that Kobo doesn't care about.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote