Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #1
CHAUWAY
CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Cracked your Nexus 7 screen or not?

Did the Nexus 7 screen cracked thing happened to you? I heard many people cracked their screen on reddit. It said the cost to repair is more than the device itself. Is it true. Did you repair your screen? I found the replacement screen from ETrade Supply is $152.20. Really hope this cracked thing won't happened to all of us.
CHAUWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've been using my Nexus 7 heavily since December and I've never had single issue with it. I don't touch my phone when I'm home any more. Actually, this is the first time I've heard of a cracked screen issue...
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I've had my Nexus 7 since December and use it every day. Carry it in my inside coat pocket and use it regularly outside in cold weather. No crack for me and, like cbarnett above, I've never even heard of a cracked screen issue (and I did a lot of online research prior to buying it).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Never heard of it being a problem before. I got mine when they first came out and haven't had any problems, I take the same amount of care with it that I do with any other electronic device that I use frequently.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't have the N7 myself, but I have been following Swedsih fourm discussions about it closely (because I've been thinking about getting one).
Screen lift has been a big issue, especially with the early batches. It semmed like a very high percentage of buyers had some degree of screen lift.
I have heard about one or two cracked screens. Probably in connection with screen lift. I think bot (or was it just one?) had screen lift prior to getting a crack across the screen.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I don't have the N7 myself, but I have been following Swedsih fourm discussions about it closely (because I've been thinking about getting one).
Screen lift has been a big issue, especially with the early batches. It semmed like a very high percentage of buyers had some degree of screen lift.
I have heard about one or two cracked screens. Probably in connection with screen lift. I think bot (or was it just one?) had screen lift prior to getting a crack across the screen.
What's 'screen lift'?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
After watching several relatives using the Nexus and carelessly setting it on arms of couches etc I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a large incident of dropped Nexus's out there. If anyone thinks a drop on a hard surface isn't going to damage this unit they better refrain from getting one.

Having it in a decent case might help but even then one needs to treat this device with some care.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
What's 'screen lift'?
Some of the devices that shipped early on had some problem with the glue that attaches the screen to the body, so that the screen would lift a bit on one side. You could press it down and the glue would stick, but it would eventually raise again.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Some of the devices that shipped early on had some problem with the glue that attaches the screen to the body, so that the screen would lift a bit on one side. You could press it down and the glue would stick, but it would eventually raise again.
Thanks. I hadn't heard of that.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
After watching several relatives using the Nexus and carelessly setting it on arms of couches etc I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a large incident of dropped Nexus's out there. If anyone thinks a drop on a hard surface isn't going to damage this unit they better refrain from getting one.

Having it in a decent case might help but even then one needs to treat this device with some care.
You're discussing cracked screens and you have a hammer in your avatar! Keep it away from your Nexus!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
keeska
Connoisseur
keeska has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 3
What cracked screen problem?

Like earlier posters I have had my Nexus 7 for awhile as have many of my friends and no reports of cracked screens. One friend did have the screen lift problem.

On the other hand I have some co-workers who have dropped their iPhones and cracked the screen. Does that mean there is a cracked screen problem with iPhones?

Any device with a glass screen is susceptible to cracking the screen if dropped or hit. It is just a characteristic of glass.
keeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #12
CHAUWAY
CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHAUWAY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
I've been using my Nexus 7 heavily since December and I've never had single issue with it. I don't touch my phone when I'm home any more. Actually, this is the first time I've heard of a cracked screen issue...
Mine is ok, too. But I heard many cracked screen on reddit. You can search it.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #13
CHAUWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Right, screen lift.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #14
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAUWAY View Post
Mine is ok, too. But I heard many cracked screen on reddit. You can search it.
Are you being entirely honest with us?

Nexus screen cracked
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #15
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I had read about the screen lift issue leading to cracked screens on different sites before buying my N7. I was very careful to inspect my N7 screen when it arrived, it's been fine since just after Christmas.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote