Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #16
rakista
Edge User

We need someone to do a tear down on one, so we can see what the build looks like inside. If it is just a loose connection it may be more prudent to open it next time on the kitchen table with an anti-static wrist strap and use some electrical tape on the connection to make sure it does not get loose when jostled again. Connector issues typically do not go away unless you find a way of either making the connection more secure or replacing it. I had a problem with a laptop screen not turning on unless I angled the screen 'just so', fixed it in 5 minutes after opening it up and taping the connection secure. I hope they do something similar to yours, and if this is a production issue to re-engineer a solution.