Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 04:57 AM   #1
detconan
detconan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Mod to decrease the brightness level of the Glo HD ?

I'm the happy owner of a Kobo Glo HD reader that I like too much except for one thing, the rather too bright frontlit even at level 1. Actually, in total dark, despite dimming the leds to level 1 it still strains my eyes (with or without night mode). I feel that it is too bright and I would like to be able to fix that (I'm a rather night reader).

I found an excellent hardware mod by yoq in the forum but aiming only the Kobo Glo:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=200706&page=5

I would be very grateful if some one can kindly propose a similar mod but for the Kobo GLO HD. I opened the reader and found that unfortunately, the PCBs are not the same.

Thank you very much.
detconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #2
Danny94
Danny94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by detconan View Post
I'm the happy owner of a Kobo Glo HD reader that I like too much except for one thing, the rather too bright frontlit even at level 1. Actually, in total dark, despite dimming the leds to level 1 it still strains my eyes (with or without night mode). I feel that it is too bright and I would like to be able to fix that (I'm a rather night reader).

I found an excellent hardware mod by yoq in the forum but aiming only the Kobo Glo:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=200706&page=5

I would be very grateful if some one can kindly propose a similar mod but for the Kobo GLO HD. I opened the reader and found that unfortunately, the PCBs are not the same.

Thank you very much.
Hi my friend, please tell me you found a solution to decrease brightness below 1.
I really need a fix for this else i cant read at night anymore, completly ruins my sleep shedule.
Danny94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #3
detconan
detconan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny94 View Post
Hi my friend, please tell me you found a solution to decrease brightness below 1.
I really need a fix for this else i cant read at night anymore, completly ruins my sleep shedule.
Hi friend..

Unfortunately, I didn't find any fix. I ended up moving to Clara HD which seems (at least for me) somehow dimmer. Though, I use dark mode at bed. In dark mode it is OK and more gentle to eyes (at least for me). I think this is your best bet right now.
detconan is offline   Reply With Quote