Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
MosFet
MosFet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
Lightbulb Is there a tool to split pdf pages?

Hi,

I used RasterFarian to convert my Pdf with the split option, in order to read the book in horizontal mode...
but always a 15%-20% of the page on the right remain white.
I mean: not all the surface of the display is used.

The question is:
is it possible to use "all" the display area, in horizontal modes, with pdf?

I think that, if exists a tool that can split the normal pdf page in two different pages, processing these just-splitted pages with rasterFarian can give better result.

Do you know such tool?

Do you think it is possible?
MosFet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried PDFread 1.6? I can't say what it does as I have never tried to make a letter size PDF file displayable on my Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
MosFet
MosFet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
I found a powerful tool that can also split pdf pages:

pdftk

I tried with some Pdfs, but at the moment the best result come always with RasterFarian.
MosFet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
If you use PDFRead, it will automatically remove the whitespace at the edges. Be sure to use the prs500-l mode. You may want to search for the PDFRead thread to see more information.

I believe the RasterFarian in the latest versions also incorporates the same logic, although I'm not sure about it. And pdftk is used internally both by PDFRead and RasterFarian.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote