Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Could this be the Apple iTablet?

Just ran across this piece of hardware and got a chuckle over the name. I am sure it's NOT the long rumored Apple Tablet but thought it's worth a look anyway:

http://www.taipeitradeshows.com.tw/p...15&docno=60352
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
No way.
The finish of the mating halves is too cheap. Being used to the sleekness of the touch, I doubt that they'd make something so thick.

Lucky for them that aPple forgot to buy the name. Usually they secure rights for everything with an "I" even if they don't manufacture it.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

hahahaha...I agree, it's not exactly up to Apple design aesthetics...

I wonder if they get around apple owning the i{insert silly name of your choice} naming convention by using the blank space? Because I did notice it was spelled "i Tablet" on the site.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If it has a decent to good battery life, then it cannot be an Apple product.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
hahahaha...I agree, it's not exactly up to Apple design aesthetics...

I wonder if they get around apple owning the i{insert silly name of your choice} naming convention by using the blank space? Because I did notice it was spelled "i Tablet" on the site.
You're correct it is spelled that way.
My take is that aPple is not interested in the "tablet" word at all. Maybe it's too common for their snobish ways. Don't get me wrong I love aPple products but sometimes their marketing bases are irritating.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If it has a decent to good battery life, then it cannot be an Apple product.

priceless!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
brecklundin
Banned

btw, look at this product called Bamboo from Asus:

http://www.taipeitradeshows.com.tw/p...5&docno=113911

THAT would be a very cool case material for an ereader...heck, I want it for my next laptop, of course it would need to house a bit more oomph...still, it's neat!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:24 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
btw, look at this product called Bamboo from Asus:

http://www.taipeitradeshows.com.tw/p...5&docno=113911

THAT would be a very cool case material for an ereader...heck, I want it for my next laptop, of course it would need to house a bit more oomph...still, it's neat!
Have you ever seen bamboo as a flooring/stairs? It's very attractive there too, and I'd be happy to have a matching laptop.

I suspect (usually to myself) that if there is a (June) device of this nature, it'll be along the design (casing) lines of the iPod Touch/iPhone or alternatively the "single-piece" aluminium design of the newer MacBooks. I'm kinda hangin' for it (hoping for a "dock" with it into which you can plug one of their lovely keyboards).

Which is to say, thanks for posting, brecklundin. I love rumours, even when they're just rumours.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Have you ever seen bamboo as a flooring/stairs? It's very attractive there too, and I'd be happy to have a matching laptop.

I suspect (usually to myself) that if there is a (June) device of this nature, it'll be along the design (casing) lines of the iPod Touch/iPhone or alternatively the "single-piece" aluminium design of the newer MacBooks. I'm kinda hangin' for it (hoping for a "dock" with it into which you can plug one of their lovely keyboards).

Which is to say, thanks for posting, brecklundin. I love rumours, even when they're just rumours.

Cheers,
Marc
I too LOVE bamboo. I have been trying to find a reasonable source for 1x2's or even 2x2's for a long while now. I want to use it for new counter tops. If I can find it I'll also install new bamboo flooring as well. The stuff is great as well as durable.

And talk about a cheap very quickly renewable building material! The stuff is actually all but impossible to get rid of in a garden, kinda like blackberry berry bushes.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Looks too clunky to be an Apple device. I think that the battery life issue is the thing which has stopped the release of this kind of device. A 9.5" touch screen with wifi would suck down battery life like no other. But Apple recently created some new battery technology as seen in their 17" macbook pros which have something like 8 hrs battery life.
So possibly a new touch device could have that kind of battery, and solid state drives take bugger all power.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #11
brecklundin
Banned

The only thing I like about Apple products is the magnetic power connector. Of course rather than license that so they get a small piece of every laptop or device sold, they refuse, in some incomprehensible logic, to license it to anyone.