Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #316
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I don't think they worked the kinks out of the site too well before it went live.
No they didn't but I am relieved I can still check new books out longer than 7 days! *phew*
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #317
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
None of my local libraries have made the switch yet!

It's like.....a reprieve!!!

I'm so happy
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #318
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
None of my local libraries have made the switch yet!

It's like.....a reprieve!!!

I'm so happy
That's what I thought 2 weeks ago, not a hint about it even. And then BOOM! the next week it was just there. Fortunately I never browse for books on an ereader, I prefer to use my PC always and then load to my reader from it. And even I hate the new design, and I finally bookmarked a location further in deeper menus to get to what I want to browse.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #319
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My libraries all have the 'coming soon' banner. Still, I'm taking each day as a gift. Hopefully, we'll be the last to make the switch.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #320
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
So, my library has the new overdrive. Overall, I think the design isn't that bad. One thing I don't like about it though, is I can't seem to filter it to show just the adult books. Having to sift through all the children/teen stuff is quite annoying. Most of the other filters don't work very well either. If I want to look for a mystery book, for example, the sci-fi stuff, etc... is still showing.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #321
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
So, my library has the new overdrive. Overall, I think the design isn't that bad. One thing I don't like about it though, is I can't seem to filter it to show just the adult books. Having to sift through all the children/teen stuff is quite annoying. Most of the other filters don't work very well either. If I want to look for a mystery book, for example, the sci-fi stuff, etc... is still showing.
I find mysteries by doing an advanced search - I don't type anything in the blanks, I just select Mystery as the category.

However, the results do include Nancy Drew, et al - I would like to be able to filter out the juvenile/young adult books.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #322
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I see that some of the bugs/complaints have been taken care of. Like for example having "Library collection" as the default instead of "Available". I see some minor other changes in info and layout. Work in progress, apparently.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #323
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My biggest complaint is still not being able to see more info about the books when browsing, having to click on the thumbnail and wait for the page to SLOWLY open, only to find out I already read the book.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #324
DianNC
Banned

I've noticed the slowness, too, and wondered if that might improve eventually. It's been more than a month since BPL made the switch, though, and it's still much slower than my libraries with the old design.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #325
4691mls
Wizard

The NC library was always pretty slow, even with the old design.
On the rare occasions I've tried it first thing in the morning, it works a little faster - I suppose not as many people are using the site at that time. I don't usually have time to browse the library in the morning, though.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #326
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
My biggest complaints are I have to log in each time I check out a book and remove from wishlist does not work.

My minor complaints are going to Available now by default, Not realizing the check out limit has been reached when on book details page. Having to change my check out length settings each time I need to check out a book.

One big annoyance was every time adding a book on hold it took me to bookshelf now it takes me to log in so I can't complain about that one till the other is fixed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #327
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
My biggest complaint is still not being able to see more info about the books when browsing, having to click on the thumbnail and wait for the page to SLOWLY open, only to find out I already read the book.
Open them as new tabs so you can continue browsing while it does its thing. Also helps you track the books you're interested in.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #328
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Open them as new tabs so you can continue browsing while it does its thing. Also helps you track the books you're interested in.
The problem is that I end up wasting time clicking on a lot of the same books, over again, every time I go to the library. I have to click on each one to find out if I've read them before, if they're part of a series I decided not to read, or whatever. Just seeing the cover doesn't usually help me - I don't have a very good memory for titles.

When they had the brief description visible while browsing, I could easily recognize books I'd already read, series I'd decided not to read, etc., and quickly move on.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #329
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Having to change my check out length settings each time I need to check out a book.
Odd, with the new system I was able to find a spot to set the default for the checkout period. Course, until I realized that, I started checking books out for a longer time than I wanted because that's what the default was, I'd been used to selecting it as I was checking out.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #330
4691mls
Wizard

I have not noticed a problem with the default checkout time changing. I hope that doesn't start happening with the NC library.