Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Star Trek books...

Hmm... I had originally thought that I couldn't get Start Trek books as eBooks since they didn't have the Sony format. But, being more savy now I think I will be able to convert the MS Reader format to the Sony format.

Is this true? Has anyone done this. I guess I could buy one, for $4 it's worth a try. I think I'd have to use covertLit then lit2lrf.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
There are a number of us who do so regularly. I'm not one of them (most of my stuff comes from Baen, as it happens, and they just added LRF support ) but I have friends who are.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Pilotbob, The Sony eBook store has over 350 Star Trek titles: http://ebookstore.sony.com/mb_us//Su...26&sortby=date

I have successfully converted two titles Sony didn't have. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
There are a number of us who do so regularly. I'm not one of them (most of my stuff comes from Baen, as it happens, and they just added LRF support ) but I have friends who are.
Baen has added LRF support? WOW! And the formatting is pretty good too.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Pilotbob, The Sony eBook store has over 350 Star Trek titles: http://ebookstore.sony.com/mb_us//Su...26&sortby=date

I have successfully converted two titles Sony didn't have. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it!
Before getting my 500 and then 505, I did have some Star Trek eBook in MS Reader format. I have use ConvertLIT to remove the DRM and either book Designer or lit2lrf to convert and they've converted just fine in either case.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Pilotbob, The Sony eBook store has over 350 Star Trek titles:
Yea, I don't want any DRM lock in. I haven't bought from that store yet. Although I may start... I'm running out of DRM free sources to get stuff. And I do like reading some of the mainstream and best sellers that you just can't get DRM free.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Most of the Star Trek I've purchased has been from Simon & Schuster's website. And some from Fictionwise. I've purchased from Fictionwise because of the 100% Micropay rebate on some Trek titles and also using the rebate to purchase other Trek titles. But normally, S&S are cheapest. So I purchase in MS Reader and convert. Works well for me.