Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
UK Kindle store oddness

I'm vaguely interested in buying a book called The Quiet War by Paul McAuley once I get through my backlog. I occasionally check the Kindle price. Originally it was about 8 dollars. Then it vanished from the store for weeks. When it came back it was about 12 dollars. Now it's vanished again. The sequel is available and as far as I can tell has never vanished.

Rather more oddly in the last few months the sci-fi part of the store has shed about 1000 books.

Has anyone else seen odd things like this?
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This sort of thing usually results from geographic restrictions being imposed on titles. In the US Kindle store, the Ngaio Marsh mysteries began appearing, than vanished, and now appear as "not available to US residents."
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I found an oddness as well...

The Flashman books are now available in Australia... When I first looked, they weren't...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've learned to grab books when they become available. I got some of the Ngaio Marsh before they were pulled, but wish I had them all. Same with some of the Rumpole books.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
They need to construct some sort of a smoother system, so titles can be released all over the world. Its quite annoying to want a title and then finding out that its only available in Europe, or Australia, or US. For goodness sakes, its a digital book...
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I've learned to grab books when they become available. I got some of the Ngaio Marsh before they were pulled, but wish I had them all. Same with some of the Rumpole books.
I would have done that, if I didn't have such a huge vet bill...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote