Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
CES Reports

I'm having a hard time keeping track of Nate's and Dulin's reports from CES, so I thought I'd pull all the links together and put them in one post. If I've missed any, please feel free to add them.

In no particular order:

Iview-600EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Wiltronic sells a number of different products under the Iview brand: netbook, digital picture frame, a bunch of digital cameras, cellphone, and more. I only got to see the one ebook reader, but according to the website Wiltronic will soon be selling 3 different models.
Sungale EB601

Quote:
Sungale is a maker of small electronic devices like digital picture frames, IP radios, and the like. The EB601 is a departure from the rest of Sungale's products in that it is the first to use an epaper screen. There were a couple mock-ups and 1 functional unit on hand. The one functional unit had an incomplete and still buggy firmware, so I couldn't actually read anything on it. The projected release date is April with a retail of $169.
Blio site is up

Quote:
The site was updated this morning in anticipation of CES. You can't actually do anything other than wander around. The reader software is not yet available for download, and the Blio bookstore won't open until February.
CES blog

Quote:
I just spent 5 minutes with the Go. Details will be posted tonight. It's a surprisingly good comic book reader.
I just saw Samsung's new ebook reader

Quote:
I only had about 5 minutes to play with it, so my remarks will be rather light. I will try to add more detail when the show opens tomorrow.

Samsung announced a pair of ebook readers for the US market at CES. I couldn't get in to the press conference, but when I saw Engadget's live blog I grabbed my notebook and snuck in. Only the 6” model (the E6) was on hand, but I was told that the 9.7” model (E101) would be on display tomorrow in Samsung's booth.
At the Plastic Logic press conference

Quote:
Nothing truly groundbreaking, and it's being live blogged by Engadget. I'm waiting to get my hands on the gadget.
LiquaVista to demo color epaper reader at CES

Quote:
Liquavista just posted a press release on their website.

They're going to have the demo units on display in their booth at CES. I half expected this announcement; that's why this company was already on my list.
Vega Tablet headed to T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
15 inch Tegra based tablet will be available the end of the year. Seems they are positioning it as a Family tablet. Meant to sit in the Kitchen and allow everyone to keep calendars/schedules coordinated.

I've been talking about a device like this for years. One that can pull everyones calendar info together for a Family and also be used for news reading, recipes etc. My version would be something Bistable for power efficiency but Im happy to see something going more in this direction.

Now give it a fridge mount LG should do a fridge with a pop out 3g/4g/Bluetooth tablet
Skiff Hands on

Quote:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/s...dle-watch-out/

Im still reading it myself. no pics or video yet
RCA Lexi Ereader

Quote:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-80819632.html

Its a 6inch 16 grayscale e-ink reader with 7000 page turns , something called Auto Magic for content synchronization along with B&N ReaderSoftware for content purchases..

available in May for $229. Thats a 6 inch for 229

no pics yet
Hanvon displays new line of Ereaders-

Quote:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/h...-book-readers/

5 new models all but 1 with Stylus input. 5,6 and 10 inch models.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote