Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Quick query from a newbie

I have just downloaded Calibre which seems to be working just great. A question that has occured to me, which has probably been asked and answered elsewhere but I cannot find it, so I apologise. When I come to remove a book from the Sony it is taken off the Calibre library, it then says all info regarding this book will be deleted, I presume that is just from Calibre but I will still have it somewhere on my PC?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
When you delete a book from your reader, it will remain on file in Calibre for use again, unless you ALSO delete it from the Calibre Library itself in as separate action. God luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Panda - when you open up calibre, by default it shows the books you have in your library folder, not what is on your reader. If you look near the top of the GUI, there is an area that will have an icon for "library" and if your reader is connected an icon for the "reader" and any "cards". If you want to see the books on your card or reader's internal memory, then you select the appropriate icon and then make you changes to deleting books. If you delete books from the calibre library, then those books are deleted from the calibre library folder on your computer. Thus, most of us add books to calibre and then dump them in a spare folder to avoid the chance of accidentally deleting them.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote