Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Cablibre and subfolders

Does anyone know if there is a way to simply save all ebooks into one folder rather than in several different sub folders. I am getting ready to change computers and would like to save all my ebooks so that I can later transfer them into my new computer with calibre, however it's a pain to have to open each folder to get to the books. Currently saved books are in the following directory Calibre Lib > Author name > Book Titile > Actual book. I would like to have the actual books all in one general folder rather than subfolders. Am I making sense? Thanks!
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid I'm a little confused by the question. You're talking about the folder structure on your Kindle?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

I am trying to transfer the books to an external hard drive, so that I can transfer them on my new computer. SOrry
Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - although I'm not sure why you're asking this is the Kindle forum rather than the Calibre forum .

Simply copy your entire Calibre library folder to an external drive. Copy it to your new computer, install Calibre, and point it at your library location.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
If it was me I'd just use 7zip to archive the entire library, it should keep the structure when you unzip it where you want on a new drive. I keep a backup simply by right clicking on my calibre library folder and adding to a .7z file although I'm sure you could use any zip or rar program to do the same.

If you really just want the epubs/mobis alone though you could always just search *.epub or *.mobi on your pc, hit ctrl+a to select all, then ctrl+c to copy, finally just use ctrl+v to paste them to any folder you wanted.

edit: HarryT's post above mine would work fine as well just copy the entire folder untouched.

Last edited by Teknikal; 02-12-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
nimblem
Addict

I got it.... there's an option to save in a single directory that I apparently over looked.. a lot.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm afraid I'm still not clear about why you want to extract anything. Why don't you just copy the entire Calibre library folder to your new computer?