Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #241
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
As for how big the market for technical books is, and what features should be supported in ereaders in accordance with that, I don't know.
How could anyone? There haven't been enough good devices available at a price people are willing to pay (or can even find locally) to find out how big the market can be.

I suspect that there are a lot of people, myself included, waiting for that light-weight 7-10" device with a battery life that is measured in days that has android or any basic OS...

I'd really hoped The Notion Ink Adam might be that device, but the battery life doesn't quite seem to be there yet ... but I really do think that the Pixel Qi screen is the most probable choice, right now, for a device screen that the masses will embrace (colour video possible, seamless scrolling, readable outside).
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote