Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
mudsharkbytes
mudsharkbytes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Then you likely have something blocking Bonjour requests on the network. Unfortunately, I'm currently out of action because of a troublesome eye, so I can't help you further. This part of the calibre code hasn't changed ina log time, so either something has changed in Stanza or on your network.
If that was the case, though, wouldn't the other apps on my iPhone that use the network stop working too? I am still streaming from VLC streamer and browsing and downloading directories from Briefcase. Additionally, I can still network between all of the different computers here and I can still use the network printer.

No other network access here has gone bad and there has been no configuring. It just plain-ol' stopped mysteriously.

I'm wondering if there is some pref or other file that Calibre needs that may have become corrupted.

Sorry to hear about the eye.
mudsharkbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I know of no preference that could affect this, but you can always runa clean calibre by renaming ~/Library/Preferences/calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #18
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsharkbytes View Post
If that was the case, though, wouldn't the other apps on my iPhone that use the network stop working too? I am still streaming from VLC streamer and browsing and downloading directories from Briefcase.
As I said this morning, I had this happen this morning. All other connections were OK. This issue was limited to Stanza not connecting to Calbre. I've had this "ramdom" problem several times, and eventually it always "just starting working" again. As said this morning both devices being restarted did it for me.

I seem to recall one time when I had to simply "reset" firewall setting on my iMac.

But the problem has NEVER been the Calibre server.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
mudsharkbytes
mudsharkbytes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Much to my surprise, I was able to get the normal looking OPDS catalog to finally return by entering my computers address in the catalog URL. Previously, that didn't work. So I'm back to having a functional connection again.

However, where it says "Computers Sharing Books" - where previously the name of my computer would pop up and I could access my catalog, it's still "Searching…", which means, whatever was going wrong is still screwy.
mudsharkbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Much to my surprise, I was able to get the normal looking OPDS catalog to finally return by entering my computers address in the catalog URL. Previously, that didn't work. So I'm back to having a functional connection again.
Glad to see it working.

Quote:
However, where it says "Computers Sharing Books" - where previously the name of my computer would pop up and I could access my catalog, it's still "Searching…", which means, whatever was going wrong is still screwy.
Screwy? Yes.
Calibre related? No.

Sounds like a local DNS related issue to me.

Let us know if you ever nail it down.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #21
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Normally this would indicate a bonjour or firewall issue. It can happen if you have updated iTunes which also often updates Bonjour as a side-effect.

There have been issues in the past with Stanza not liking Bonjour updates. Unfortunately as it appears Stanza has now gone dormant since it was bought by Amazon and is no longer getting updates then any such issues will not get fixed.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content, iphone, server, stanza